Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

small deer

Old 12-23-2005, 01:31 PM

Default small deer

recently i was talkin to a freind of mine about the past hunting season. he told me he shot two deer one was a spike and the other was a 57 pound deer? i asked him why he shot that small of a deer and his answer was beacuse he only made steak and burger out of the spike and he wanted jerky so he shot the next deer he saw no matter how big or SMALL it was. now in my mind that is wrong to shot that small of a deer and it really makes me mad[:@]
Old 12-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: small deer

A 57 pound yearling. For me thats a no no. I wouldnt shoot a deer that small. But to each his own. I say let the deer grow up, but thats just my opinion. Also I wouldnt have shot the spike either.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:15 PM

i saw a 20-30# yearling the other day i should of shot it its not going to survive the winter
Old 12-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

just because you would not shoot that deer no need to badmouth the guy . if it was a legal kill then it was legal deer, maybe the place he hunts is over run with deer and he is trying to better the herd

i know a guy that shot a young one that he said would fit in his bow case , now i probably would not have shot it it was legal and more power to him
Old 12-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have before(did not mean too)but I treated it just like any other deer,cooked it.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:50 PM

Grillin' is grillin' to me. Until there's a cooking method for antler's, I'll be keeping the freezer stocked with venison of any size.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are some truly high and mighty people on this forum. If it is legal why does it make you mad?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:23 PM

Every time we tag a deer legally we are helping both deer and hunting rights for all of us. Let him get the small ones and leave you the big ones!!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:30 PM

I would of shot it...No lighter then that though. One time a guy checked in a 30 pound deer. Now thats horrible, he said he only seen the head...bullcrap to me. Especially since he shot it in the gut. The innerloin, which we call it the tenderloung, was as big as my pinky. Thats horrible
Old 12-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with the not doing it. I have done it by mistake, and i wasnt proud, but it dideat good........

Quick Reply: small deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.