Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 So, How Many Deer Have You Taken in Your Lifetime? >

So, How Many Deer Have You Taken in Your Lifetime?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

So, How Many Deer Have You Taken in Your Lifetime?

Old 12-23-2005, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: So, How Many Deer Have You Taken in Your Lifetime?

24 in three seasons here in va. total? 40 some. over half with bow. I've been hunting since I was 17, 15 yrs.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Im 24.Killed 6 with shotgun, 28 with my Savage 110 30.06, and 57 with my Rem 700 30.06. And missed 4 with a bow. Funny how that works!
Old 12-23-2005, 07:43 AM

I'm 24, didn't start deer hunting till I was 17. I have taken 8 deer. 2 bucks, one was a nice 8, the rest were does. All with shotgun. DOn't get to many tags here in Western NY. Usually, 1 buck and 1 doe. I wish the season was longer too. It only goes from mid Nov to mid Dec. Don't bow hunt, I do a lot of pheasant and turkey hunting in the fall.

Just curious does anyone know why some states have such a longer season than others? I can understand the bag limit differences but why the different season lengths?

Lets hear the real number DD??
Old 12-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm 40 and have killed about 49 or50 deer (I have a log). No wallhangers though
Old 12-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

BTBOWHUNTER,
AVERAGING 4 DEER A YR SINCE YOU STARTED HUNTING AND YOU LIVE IN PA PRETTY IMPRESSIVE JUST WONDERIN HOW YOU GOT SO MANY TAGS
Old 12-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

I have been deer hunting and actually carrying a rifle since I was 16. I'm 32 which is 16 years and 1 year, I took 2 deer. I guess that makes 17, unless you count when I backed people up, which would probably be 5 or 6more. I would say a total of 22 or 23 with 8 of them being bucks and only 2 that were mountable, 120-135 range. I did harvest another bigger buck once, but his rack was so messed up from fighting that I didn't think that it was worth the money.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:12 AM

well lets see I am 15 and only hunted to years and i havesot three two were with a shotgun the other with a muzzy.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Been deer hunting in Michigan for about 43 years (take out 2 for military) probably 60-65 deer 30 of those with bow and rest with rifleor shotgun, none w/ muzzleloader usually have tags filled. Many years ago you could only take 1 deer per year and it had to be a buck (that's why antler quality was so poor for many years) first spike anybody saw- bang its down. Really only 2 mountable heads through that time. Have gone to the U.P. in previous years and shot 2 with bow and 2 with rifle in three or four days.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BJR224

I'm 24, didn't start deer hunting till I was 17. I have taken 8 deer. 2 bucks, one was a nice 8, the rest were does. All with shotgun. DOn't get to many tags here in Western NY. Usually, 1 buck and 1 doe. I wish the season was longer too. It only goes from mid Nov to mid Dec. Don't bow hunt, I do a lot of pheasant and turkey hunting in the fall.

Just curious does anyone know why some states have such a longer season than others? I can understand the bag limit differences but why the different season lengths?

Lets hear the real number DD??
BJR your total sounds like the most realitic on here so far ...and if I gave you my totals there would beone of these self proclaimed Deer Cops on here whowould accuse me of night hunting, poaching, hunting over bait, out of season or using some sort of nucular device ... as for someone who is 24 and killed 91 deer thats amazing ... if he killed his first deer at 10 that means he was killing 6.5 per year every year ..or if he took his first deer at 14 he has killed an average of 9.1 deer every year ... hes just a natural born killer

dd
Old 12-23-2005, 10:53 AM

Here in ohio the Bag limits are low. I live in the north western part and you can only kill one a year for the most part, but this year they raised it to two, but in southern ohio you can get three. In my county I think their was only 500-600 deer killed all of last year with that said I started hunting when I was 9, my faimlynever hunted so it was walking in the dark for me and dad. shot my first deer when I was 18 and now am 29 and I think I have shot nine or ten, I know for sure I have five bucks just not sure four or five does.

Quick Reply: So, How Many Deer Have You Taken in Your Lifetime?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.