Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Question about getting to my stand >

Question about getting to my stand

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question about getting to my stand

Old 12-22-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Question about getting to my stand

The other day I found what seems to be a good spot. There is an obvious trail that I have seen a couple of tracks on, and spooked 2 deer on. The trail is pretty tight and then opens up to a cirlce that is around 15'. The opening has a smaill hill on one side(which is were the deer were that I spooked)and the otherside has a little steeper hill leading to a small creek. My question is....the only way I have found in there is walking on or right outside of the path. So, by walking this path or outside of it, am I ruining my chances at getting one?
Old 12-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question about getting to my stand

You are not helping your chances, especialy if you found their bedding area. I would walk in from downwind under the cover of complete darkness. You do not want to leave your scent all over the trail or you may make them change their pattern.