Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 ever have land you want to hunt >

ever have land you want to hunt

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ever have land you want to hunt

Old 12-22-2005, 07:46 AM

Default ever have land you want to hunt

but afraid to ask the land owners permission for fear of him saying no?
There is a great spot right next to our land that would be perfect for bow hunting but I am too afraid to ask because if he says no then thats it. I don't hunt it but its alot better to think "I might be able to some day" rather than knowing that I won't ever be able to
Old 12-22-2005, 08:05 AM

Default RE: ever have land you want to hunt

well without permission your not hunting on the land but if you ask there is a good chance he will say yes. Things that may help in his/her decision is maybe help do work on his property I have found that helping gets a lot of permission also it helps to ask before your season so the property owner doesnt feel that you are a pushy person if these tips are used you should be able to get permission. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

If your land has considerably different habitat than his, you might also consider offering a swap. For example, if he is a bird hunter and you've got lots of quail.....

Just a thought.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:19 AM

The worst he can say is no. As stated above, ask to do some work around his property in exchange for hunting during the season. There are a few guys I know that have made lasting relationships with landowners just because they do simple things around the land, all for a hunting spot.

If you never ask the guy due to fear of rejection, you may never get it. BEsides, once you ask, you'll know whether you can hunt it or not, and if he says no, that's one landowner out of the way, use that expereince fot the next.

my $0.02

p.s. love your sigs!
Old 12-22-2005, 08:39 AM

If he is an old man I could see me asking to help him around his property would work. what if he is the 30-40 year old type? I guess everyone needs help though.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even if he doesn't need any help, your offer to help may go a long way. I would also let him know that you are his neighbor (if he doesn't already know). That alone had gotten me permission on at least two separate times. People tend to let neighbors hunt their land rather than complete strangers, at least that's been my experience.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:20 AM

neighbor as in next door or neighbor as in our land is connected. I live about 5 mins from him. I guess you mean by land is connected. I may work up enough courage to ask. Now I just have to figure out HOW to do it. I can just see him coming to the door while I get out of my truck and saying" If your going to ask to hunt, you might as well get back in your truck" LOL. I just think the worst of everything though.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look at it this way..if you ask and he says no then you dont have to worry about it. If you ask and he says yes you are set. Being a neighbor Id say theres a good chance of yes.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

HaHaMy 40 is next to a3000 acre tract and all the animals there come on my mine, but yes, I have been refused permission on other properties. I can't blame them for it though, to many pepole are Sue minded nowadays.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:33 AM

thats just rediculas. I would let anyone that has good morals and hunting ethics hunt on my land. Now if they were idiots, I wouldn't want them to. I am just goingto tell him that I want to bow hunt, maybe he will think i am pretty serious and a safe hunter. I mean not everyone can bow hunt. I can't, I suck at it but I am trying. For rifle I can use my land. he has some THICK stuff. I bet there is a hoss daddy buck in there.

Quick Reply: ever have land you want to hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.