Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My buck this year.

Old 12-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default My buck this year.

Trying to get a picture on the screen, which "worked", I guess. If you've got a magnifying glass that's my buck this year.

If you've read the thread, "My Biggest Buck So Far", you heard about my buck from '04. This buck is my '05 kill, taken off the same stand. This boy will score about 129 net, 133 gross, dressed weight approx. 180 lbs.

I hunted for 8 straight days, five of them all-day sits on my main stand. I get up at 4 AM, get on stand 30-45 minutes before daylight, sit until dark, then do it again the next day.

Through seven days this year, I had not seen a buck I wanted, although I had seen several nice ones. I passed up five 3 1/2 y.o. whitetail bucks, and three additional nice muleys. I thought I was going to go home empty on Saturday night, 12 Nov. I had an 11-hour drive to get home Sunday so I could work Monday. I decided to get up one more time Sunday morning and sit for just the first two hours of daylight, then start the long drive home. It's good I stuck it out.

About an hour after daylight, I saw a muley doe squirt down a little draw across from my stand, acting like she was being pursued. I looked for a buck to follow, and shortly thereafter a buck did appear, in a parallel draw to the one she came down. I assumed this was the muley buck chasing the doe I had seen.

It took me a couple minutes to see that this buck was in fact a whitetail. (Soon, another nice buck, a muley, would show up behind the doe.) Anyhow, the whitetail coursed down a little line of trees that is the main whitetail funnel under my stand. At the upper end of the tree line, he came out at 310 yards on a fast walk. I took the appropriate hold and touched off a round. He ran 80 yards and fell. Yahoo!

He's an 8-pointer, with a broken-off nub of a G-4 on the left tine. His G-2s go 10 7/8 and 11 2/8". I just got his boiled skull back from the taxidermist today.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My buck this year.

From what I can tell its a nice buck...LOL

Congrats.

-john
Old 12-20-2005, 03:51 PM

good looking deer
Old 12-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

MAN thats a little picture but the buck STILL looks BIG ...GREAT job ..YOU DA MAN !!

dd
Old 12-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Can't see it to good, but Congrat's!

Old 12-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer!! Congrats man.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

VERY NICE
Old 12-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck
Old 12-21-2005, 07:38 AM

Congratulations on the buck!

Merry Christmas
Old 12-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Hey, that's my buck...I just forgot to tell ya. I'll be by later to pick up some meat...and that skull. Great Job on what was obviously a tough, but very rewarding hunt.
Craig

Quick Reply: My buck this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.