Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another question on ethics

Old 12-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Another question on ethics

The statement about my father's reference to sugar in gas tanks was a tongue-in-cheek reference to how upset some people get by loss of access to hunting ground. Dunno why it fits in this discussion except as a way to dance around the fundamental issues. However, i am going to maintain the high ground by saying nothing in reference to your father except that I am sorry that you lost him and I wish he was around to hunt with you.

As for the issue of jealousy and money. If a big landowner goes off his posted property to hunt right next to someone else just because there is a big buck hanging out there, I would think that he is the one exhibiting jealousy.

As for my father and my land, he was hunting this spot long before i bought my land.He is always welcome to huntmy land, but he prefersmore accessible spots given his condition. I don't see his actions as an issue, unless iposted my land for only me and him, but then hewent offand put astand next to someone elses.

Again, it is an issue of sportsmanship, not laws. If you look at a lot of other posts, they are the one's callin the guya jerkeven though they think his actions are legal.And hunting is going tocease to be "fine" (your description)if things continue.

I really don't want to argue this issue with you since it is starting to degenerate into insults and nonesense. However, I would be happy to hear others opinions on it.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

By the way, my Father was a Marine Sniper in Vietnam. Judging by his stories he did a good job of getting a little payback for your father.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own 30 acres, its posted because it is close to my house. I will let people bowhunt if they ask....and I'm not planning on hunting it that day. No one but a few friends have asked to hunt, and they know they don't need to ask me to hunt on my ground. Thats what friends do for one another. I also hunt other peoples ground, with permission. I don't have turkeys on my ground, so its either hunt somewhere else or give it up. I don't see how posting your ground and hunting somewhere else makes you a jerk.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

You post your land, but let some people hunt it with permission? Isn't that much different than the person I have described. I don't think that you are a jerk. In fact, I think that what you described is a good example ofa landowner with class.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:17 AM
bigcountry

I won't ever start to get into name calling. Thats for sure for internet post or get angry. Its just the internet.And you have the right to your opinion as I.

I have owned land and have had people hunt my land, but ended up being more of a hassle than I was willing to deal with. I traveled so much and moved so much, I wrote the land back to my family in ky.

Maybe you should make it clear in your original post that you only want replys that agree with views.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:40 AM

Lanse Couche Couche sounds like a petulant little kid to me, someone who hasn't experienced very much and doesn't have a lot of variety in his experiences.

There is no reason why ANYONE has to let anyone hunt on their land, PERIOD. It is none of your business why they choose to make this decision.

There is no reason why anyone shouldn't hunt anywhere they have permission to do so, period. Just because it impacts you and your family is irrelevant. The fact that your dad is disabled is irrelevant.

Just my opinion, but you asked for opinions and now when people give you ones you don't want to hear, you raise your whining level up a notch or two thinking that will help. Quit your whining and go hunting.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

The whole issue of tresspassing is interesting, too. If entering someone's land without permission is wrong and criminal, then I have never meet someone who runs beagles and coonhounds who didn't belong behing bars.
In densely populated rural areas, there are just too many property lines that can be crossed in a short time. Fortunately, deer hunting (without dogs) is a much more controllable activity.
This really shows where this guy is coming from - he doesn't give a crap about property rights and doesn't care if his dogs run all over hell and back. "Hey I'm a dog hunter, I can do what the hell I want wherever the hell I want... too bad for you my dogs aren't controllable, it's not my problem". Yes, buddy, it is the dog owner's problem when they are not controlled. Being "hunting" is no damn excuse. As far as being a criminal, if the shoe fits, wear it.

In another post he admitted he let his damn dogs run all over the other guy's property just because he doesn't like him.

And dog hunters wonder why other hunters think its a dirt-bag way to hunt. With an attitude and actions like this guy, I'm not surprised that dog hunting is not only disrespected by other hunters, but is well on its way to being banned. With attitudes like this, it should be banned. Just MHO of course, but this fries my ass.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry but I'm not going to get drawn into name calling.I will only say that if you actually read and understood my posts, you would see that I am not arguing that peoplemustlet other people hunt on their land.

Ihave been hunting for 35 years in a lot of differentstates, I am actively working to maintain my land as good game habitat, I let people hunt on my land who might not otherwise get a chance to do so, and I have the respect of all my friends and neighbors. If that makes me petulant and inexperienced, then so be it.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

You tell me how to keep coonhounds from crossing the wrong property line at 3AM in the morning, or how to do the same with a beagle hot on the trail of a rabbit in an area where the property lines change every quarter mile. I would politely state that you are the one without much experience.
And I would assume that all the people who hunt over dogs on this site appreciate your support.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

I see your point believe me. But being a responsible land owner in my eyes as well a friend to he hunting sports there is nothing I like more then sharing hunting opertunities with fellow sportsman. How ever the explanation I got when I finally caught up with one of the guys that was on my land " I let everybody and there brother on here but when they asked to bow hunt it in October I told them no". Our bow season starts in mid september. I have had people ask me in August for permission and have had to turn them away because I had people out there already. In there minds it was ok because I let other people out there. I guess to get back to the point is there are reasons that people may not let others onto there land. When I calm down from my experience I know that come next year there will be people out there that I have given permision. It is just upsetting and it is like someone is stealing from me. You are right though I should not let a few put a bad taste in my mouth about the restbut it is hard. One thing I might try is to talk to the land owner that your dad has permission to hunt the land from and explain that situation with your dad being crowded out of his hunting spot by another hunter and there is always the possibility that he/she can handle it. Good luck to you.

Quick Reply: Another question on ethics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.