Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

unethical hunter?????

Old 12-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: unethical hunter?????

As long as your on property that is owned by your friends dad, I would hunt the crap out of it.......knock down a huge 150 class buck.....i'll take a little name calling.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

In southeastern Illinois, 300 yards between stands can be a luxury. But then again, on my land, you can't really tell if someone is 100 yards away, and that's during gun season when all the trees are bare.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for your responses. i am only on the part i have permission to hunt. and the 2 doing the whining are actually hunting on someone elses land who we are 99.9% sure they have never contacted. they have bad mouthed anyone who has tried to hunt the spot. saying that they have hunted there 25 years and everyone else should stay out. earlier in the season my buddy confronted the old man about his mouth. and that was his defense. that he's been there 25 years.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Under those circumstances, I think that you should have the game warden have a chat with those morons.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:43 AM

Kill 'em with kindness...

Ask 'em if they want some sausage/whatever you do with it from the deer you kill...

If they get rowdy, bring a house-band out there and have a pasture party...
Old 12-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ownership, means he can do whatever he wants to, within legal limits! No trespassing, means NO TRESPASSING, and if he has landowner permission to hunt their property, I see no gripe, or ethical issue whatsoever!
Living in America, we covet our freedoms! In this case it seems you are coveting someone else's freedoms!
Even IF what he is doing is wrong, tresspassing, and/or trashing his property is wrong, and we've all heard before, "two wrongs, don't make a right!" You are not responsible for what HE does, but you are responsible for what YOU do!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:53 AM

I have also been in a similar situation. My Dad his Dad and a couple friends have been hunting this property owned by a farmer for over 30 years. We use to bring him wine, meat,and clothes for his kids. We were pretty much the only ones that hunted there with the exception of a few locals.We'll the farmer lost everything(didn't pay taxes or something) So this big dairy farmer bought it out, so we immediately obtained written permission from him. Now there are like 10 other guys who hunt the land w/o permission because this big farmer lives far away. Granted it is a big area, but thats not the point.