Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever fall out of your stand?

Old 12-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ever fall out of your stand?

ORIGINAL: natava

I was talking to a gentleman the other day, who has hunted for years/all his life, & he got dizzy for about 30-45 seconds & fell out of his stand.

If he would have had any kind of harness or even one made of rope, he would not have fallen to the ground!
That's whatmost hunters think, "it won't happen to me".Quess what, you never know when!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:41 PM

haha, serious but funny topic.

I was huntinglastweek of november. Early morning plenty of sleep ate a breakfast. around 7:45 i was standing in my stand (20 feet)and felt sick and as i went to sit down i got dizzy and blacked out. i woke up on the ground not knowing where i was at (scared). moved all body parts and new i was alright. Went to the hospitol and was very bruised and sore but got some sleep the rest of the day and made it out the next morning (WITH A SAFETY VEST!)
Old 12-22-2005, 07:06 PM

Man, you guys are a bunch of die hards! I'm thankful that no one got paralized.

I had driven a long way and decided to stay. I scraped leaves away from an oak tree and sat cross legged indian style. I heard another hunter down the road slam his truck door. It was now day light. Then I heard what I thought was him walking noisily through the woods. I turned and saw an enormous monster buck. Huge. My first time and only time I had buck fever. I wa amazed at the size of the deer and his massive rack. Also sitting indian style I was afraid to move. In 4 seconds the biggest deer I've ever seen in real life was gone.
Chuck, too bad you were just sitting there Indian style & only "saw" the largest buck you'd ever seen. I hope you get him someday or see another.

Thanks everybody for you input, feedback, and adventures.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

I have nodded out briefly on too many hunts. Usually all day hunts. I use my Hunter Safty System full-body harness from now on!
Amen brother.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:52 AM

Huntingoff a 16ft ladder stand in MS. with my uncle, wearing coveralls (hate 'em cuz theyslide up on ur legs) and stood up to slide the legs back down. Theladder was almost straight up and down. Well, guess i leaned a lil' TOO far out and started to fall so I held my rifle out away from me and grabbed a lil' 2"sapling out in front of meand rode it down as it bent all the way to the ground hanging on for dear life. Hit the ground flat on my stomach. LOL, but held onto the gun. Uncle comes walking up bout 10 minutes later asking, "What the hell you doing over here? Sounded like a gorilla falling out of a tree!"