Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Same Ole Song Second Verse DD Scores AGAIN !

Old 12-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Same Ole Song Second Verse DD Scores AGAIN !

nice deer in any place!!! cangrats!!!

saulthunter
Old 12-17-2005, 07:49 PM

Good looking buck Doc! Looks like you have a great spot if there still out in the open this late in the season. Way to slam'em!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

way to go man, you did have the tailgate up right?, you are on'em
Old 12-17-2005, 09:42 PM

Congrats on the nice yearling buck, "Ole Doc"!
Old 12-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats DD, another great buck!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

Congrats DD, another great buck!
thank you B.H. but hes not a GREAT buck but he's not a bad N Alabama buck ... plus I was having withdrawels from not hunting in about a week and had an ichey trigger finger ....

dd
Old 12-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Hey DD if you let them go they will grow bigger. Im sure that buck didnt reach his peak yet because you had an itchy trigger finger and shot him. If you shoot them they will NEVER get bigger.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tanktrunk

Hey DD if you let them go they will grow bigger. Im sure that buck didnt reach his peak yet because you had an itchy trigger finger and shot him. If you shoot them they will NEVER get bigger.
T.T. thank you for your advice I guess I would NEVER have thought of that seeing as how I have such little hunting experence but I am going to start managing this VAST100acers (60 being pasture)I have so we can grow some Boonies...then I might even start a guide service and sell hunts on Ebay for thisMOSNTER buck infested 100 acres.... That is if the guys next to us in the trailer park don'tspot light'em and kill'em first ..or the guyson the twobordering farms don't ambush them .. or the road hunters ...yep your right T.T. I need to let them walkso they can get mature ... MAN I CAN'T BELEIVE I didnt think of that thanks Bud...now if this sounds like it has a little sarcasm laced into it ..it does ..I would LOVE for someone to be able to explain to me how you can deermanage small tracts of land like this short of high fence ... it EASY for someone who does not have to hunt these little pieces of land to point a finger and say "why don't you let them mature" ... plus deer are a BIG nusence for farmers here and they want them goneINCLUDING the ones with spots .... excuse me guy's for the somewhat rude reply butthis REALLY chaps my butt !

dd

Old 12-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Well DD you seem upset. Im just stating the fact and its not like you need to shoot those little bucks. Are you going to mount them all? So why not just shoot one of the does instead. Its not like you havent killed any bucks before. Im just saying that I would think a hunter like you who has taken alot of deer would be more selective than that. Guess I was wrong. If you shoot them they will NEVER get bigger. If you DON'T they stand a chance.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tanktrunk

Well DD you seem upset. Im just stating the fact and its not like you need to shoot those little bucks. Are you going to mount them all? So why not just shoot one of the does instead. Its not like you havent killed any bucks before. Im just saying that I would think a hunter like you who has taken alot of deer would be more selective than that. Guess I was wrong. If you shoot them they will NEVER get bigger. If you DON'T they stand a chance.
T.T. I am not going to get in a pissing battle over this ... but until you come down here and hunt I doubt you can appreciate our style of hunting ..and no I donot harvest deer just for their racks or to mount them we harvest them because we eat the meat ... the farmer wants them thined out ... and over population ...and when you say " a hunter like me" what does that mean ..I am notnow nor have I ever professed to being a "trophy" hunter although I do enjoy hunting for a big buck when I am in an area that holds big bucks... Im just a deer hunter plain and simple ..one who has been fortunate to goon a couple of hunts that produced a trophy ...otherwise I just try to produce meat for my family and friends who do not get to hunt but I do it in a legal way.

dd

Quick Reply: Same Ole Song Second Verse DD Scores AGAIN !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.