Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 FAVORITE HUNTING VIDEO PRODUCER >

FAVORITE HUNTING VIDEO PRODUCER

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
DRURY OUTDOORS
43.24%
REALTREE OUTDOORS
13.51%
PRIMOS
16.22%
MOSSY OAK
10.81%
HUNTER'S SPECIALTIES
2.70%
ROGER RAGLIN
8.11%
STONEY WOLF
2.70%
KNIGHT & HALE
2.70%
KISKI PRODUCTIONS
0%
WILD OUTDOORS
0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

FAVORITE HUNTING VIDEO PRODUCER

Old 12-14-2005, 09:51 PM

Default RE: FAVORITE HUNTING VIDEO PRODUCER

You left out a choice of NONE. They are boring and I never watch for more than a few minutes.

How many frikin' times do we need to hear loud breathing in a microphone, "oooo, that's an awesome buck", and then near-orgasmic panting and ecstatic gestulations upon the kill. Sameo sameo every time.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:33 AM

What do you guys think about Keith Warren?

I was watching his show the other day and he was promoting a high fence operation in Texas. They were even feeding the deer what appeared to be dog food out of big aluminum troughs. Needless to say I was disappointed that The Outdoor Channel would air such a show. I sent them an e-mail expressing my feelings and haven't watched Keith's show since. I can't boycot The Outdoor Channel though, because Gettin Close is one of my favorites.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Someone mentioned these guys having sponsors to make these shows. Thats only common sense. If you were hunting with a Remington 870, wearing Realtree camo, using Tinks 69 lure, a lone wolf stand........and shot a record class deer, would you let the company know? I would. Alot of people cash in every year by letting these companies sponsor them. To me, the best advertisement is when a true trophy is taken using their equipment. I'm not talking about a high fence hunt either. How many people stopped questioning if "The Can" works when they saw the Beatty buck pics? My point is, some of these hunters on TV make a living selling themselves to the Tinks, Realtree, T/C arms of the world. Then we buy their videos. Thats how it works. I think alot of these hunters on TV have a true love of hunting. I know some of the guys from Illinois that video for Jay Gregory. They have no sponsors, bought their own equipment, and have a true love for hunting mature whitetails in a fair chase hunt. I'm not saying that ALOT of the hunts on TV aren't boring to me, or that alot of hunters couldn't take a deer on the Milk River or the King Ranch. What I am saying is these guys have proved to the hunting industry companies that they can consistantly get good footage of whitetails, and the sponsors see this as an excellent way of getting their products in front of their target audience...US.

As far as TV hunts go, I like The Wild Outdoors, Drurys, and anything that isn't called Buckmasters.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:16 PM

DRURY OUTDOORS hands down, they made every other dvd for me look bad... lol i never get tired of watching the dvds and picking up tips they drop along the way, big ups to them, make my dream season to hunt with them one day ha
drury outdoors all the way, and as far as those who said they do that for a living your wrong, the majority of the drury team all have regular jobs and hunt in all spare time, these guys are all about fair chase and using the resources they have. They were blessed with thousands of acres in iowa and the central u.s. where big deer thrive so you cant really complain about them going to camps out west like texas...