Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting land, pay or for free? >

Hunting land, pay or for free?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting land, pay or for free?

Old 12-14-2005, 01:35 PM

Default RE: Hunting land, pay or for free?

bad as it is, hunting is all about a dollar now,and getting worse.but that what we work for, to enjoy life, as long as i make it,i'll keep paying it. i spent a year in iraq wondering, thanks to the good lord this year i'm enjoying sitting in the woods wondering. here in al. i pay $10 dollars an acres for 250 acres.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Things are getting bad in Illinois because of the rising popularity of deer hunting. I recently paid $1300 an acre for hilly wooded land that was only worth $400 an acre 20 years ago. Too many people are buying land or leasing for deer hunting, then posting it for everything else. That includes individuals and outfitters. The usual argument from these idiots is thathunting rabbits on the land in November will ruin the deer hunting in December. Hogwash!!

Also, people who don't even own land try to get permission from multiple owners and then put up multiple stands to try to "claim" as much territory as possible. So, you end up with people fighting and arguing.

I like to deer hunt, but I miss the days when there were far fewer deer and far fewer deer fantatics.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i hunt public land here in florida. to lease private land in this area...expect to pay between $4,000.00 to $8,000.00 a year. i love to hunt more than anything but there is no way i can afford that kind of price. kinda sucks when you think about though...no matter how good of a hunter i am or how much time i put in the woods...the reallity of me getting a B&C buck is obsolete while hunting public land here in florida.

Cop,the last hunting club I belonged too wasin Madison,Fl, which was 20 milessouth of the Georgia line was $600 a year. It was 1800 acres owned by Proctor& Gamble next to the 50,000 acre San Pedro WMA. There were plenty of Turkey, Deer and Hogs!
Old 12-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

I hunt for free with permission from farmers. They gave me permission because they didn't believe in leasing and want the deer population reduced. Don't have as much to hunt these days due to land being sold off. I also hunt some public land that is only 10 minutes from me, but it gets a little crowded at times.