Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

illegal?

Old 12-12-2005, 01:28 AM

Default illegal?

I hate to mention and it's a good thing my step brother is not computer literate enough to be on the site, but anyways, every year my dad gets landowner tags for my brother and I, and he usually gets some for him too, but for the last 5 years he did not hunt and had these tags. My brother and I never used them becauseI thought it wasillegal. But my dad remarried and she had a step son. He got our landowner tags as usual and all of a sudden Bernie (my step brother) wanted to go hunting. Mydad gave Bernie his tags. He went hunting and got a really nice 9 point. The mass was huge! My dad telechecked it. They got it mounted also.Bernie was going to submit itto the Missouri Big Bucks, butfelt bad (or probably worried if he would get caught), because it wasn't under his name, and didn't wanna put it under mydad's name because he didn't shoot it. At that time, I think you could only have 1 antlered deer.He used my dad's tag and didn't buy any others to get another buck. I don't know if it was illegal, but he really regrets doing it. Now,he lives in NC trying to get a bigger deer, but he says the deerare tiny there. After reading the possible indiana buck story...I guess this kinda relates. I won't say Bernie's name, healready hates me enough.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: illegal?

Cest' La Vie
Old 12-12-2005, 04:19 AM
Spike

My guess is that it is probably not legal, andmaybe heshould feel a little guilty
Old 12-12-2005, 08:41 AM

It's all about the name on the tag.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:59 AM

He felt so bad that year that he wanted to turn himself in. If he had done that, would he had gotten in trouble? The deer is at our house, he lives in NC going to college. Could they take away the deer?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Striper Phil

Cest' La Vie
whats that mean?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: whitetaildeer87
If he had done that, would he had gotten in trouble? The deer is at our house, he lives in NC going to college. Could they take away the deer?
If it was illegal, and I'm pretty sure that it was (illegal here in Tx.)Yes, he would be in truoble, and yes, they could confiscate the deer!
Also, its probably a really good thing that he didn't enter it in any contests! A couple of years back here in Texas, some idiot entered a buck in the Texas Big Game Awards contest. He got fined, and got serious jail time too! Those contest entry forms are legal documents! Filing an illegal one is usually a felony!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:02 PM

wow, I guess it's a good thing he didn't. What do we do about this?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

What do we do about this?
What do you want to do about it? Do what you can live with. If you can't live with it don't do it whatever it is. Ugh, did that make sense?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:58 PM

I can't live with it because in all reality, we havea "poached" deer on the wall...my step-brother don't see it that way, but he feels guilty and sad because he can't enter it in any contests.

Quick Reply: illegal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.