Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ? >

Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

Old 12-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

havent done it but i had a chance to a couple of weeks ago. i would have done it but i was waiting on that big buck..........that never came out.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:29 PM

I do not think it is ethical to try and kill two deer with one shot. So many things can go wrong with taking a shot like that. A bullet or a slug can get turned in the body of the first deer and come out almost anywhere. This would never even cross my mind to try.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never see two at one time LOL

dd
Old 12-12-2005, 06:25 PM

Why would anyone intentionally take an unethical low percentage shot like this? The probability of a lethal hit on the second deer drops dramaticallly, and the chance of a wounded deer that is never found increase exponentially.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The scariest part of this post is all of the people who say "I didn't see the second one behind it"

Remind me to never hunt anywhere near you. What if I was sitting across the field 200 yds away in perfect alignment with the deer. "I didn't see him behind the deer!"....Is that what you are going to tell my parents at my funeral?

BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEHIND IT. That's one of the first rules in gun safety....maybe you guys should retake your Hunter ED class.....scary to think that some of you probably wouldn't pass.

And to answer your question...no I've never done it. Not to say I've ever had the chance though. But even ifI did..I would wait for a better shot...IMO that isn't any type of an ethical shot, just too many things to go wrong.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good post 308hunter.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

In my case there was nothing but a hill behind the deer. It was my land and the only thing that could have been behind the deer was another deer or object shaped exactly like the front deer. Don't know anyones elses case.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

James, i was questioning the attitude of the person who made the first post:

I wasn't thinking about it at the time because one was a little small. But we desided to blast them anyway.

Shoot one in the chest and it blew the heart and everything right out and the doe still ran 150 to 200 feet with the heart dangling haha
Old 12-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I wrote my original post, I was thinking of two deer side-by-side, not of deer further in the background.I don't think it is an ethical shot at all,if you can see the two deer!

I can see that it could happen with deer further apart by accident! Yes, decent hunters would notshoot towards houses, or other hunters! But, I can see where shooting two deer, by NOT seeing the second one could happen!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:29 AM

To the original poster of this thread, you have no business in the woods. To make a post like that shows how big of a jerk you are. You laughed about the heart hanging out of the deer. First I think you are lying and second to laugh about it makes me sick. You need to go and find another hobby. Get off this website and get a life. Guys like you set us hunters back decades.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever kill two deer with one shot ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.