Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

dog will bite??

Old 12-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: dog will bite??

LOL !
Old 12-11-2005, 01:09 PM

If it's show time ill post a Boerboel picture. It's a very largeMolloser (170 LBS when lean) and they indeed don't warn you when they bite. You can try the dominance game but be prepared to get into a fight with the dog.
I only had to use force on my Boerboel once, it's a dog i resqued from death by adopting it.
She confronted my authority after beeing 2 weeks in our house. She stood ground, i stood ground, i was able to grab my sjambok and gave her a few hit's with it while growling at her.
After that she decided i was the Alpha male in the herd and her days of leading the pac was over she calmed down.
My children ride horse on her back, but woe he who dares to enter my property without prior concent from the owner.

This is a picture of one of her family members

Old 12-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Have you tried to talk with the owner ..explain the problem and reason with him ..I would do that first ..it may not work but then if you did have to dispatch the pooch you would have a clear conscience ... I have the same problem in Tennessee ..but I doubt I will ever shoot the dogs ..just don't have the heart !

dd

Good Advise dd.
When yougo to his home and let him know, you canmeet the dog, and maybe have nothing too worrie about. Maybe it just has a playful nature.?
I think Bigcountry is on something too. Dogs/animals, do sense fear and bluff and their bark is usually greater than their bite, but at what point do you draw the line, and realize its not a bluff?

Bobby

Old 12-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Spike

As for dogs acting agressive toward me my tolarance level is zero.
even when I was still very youngall the dogs ive ever had would nevereven think about growling at mebecoase if they did they would get
a strong and swift reality check.now other peoples dogs, its dogy smackdown time I would never hurt themjust make them realize who's boss. strays on the other hand my rule of thumb is take no chances aspecialylargestrong dogs if they look like they are fixing to bite me I will use deadly force. dont take chances with dogs that you cant handle.[]
Old 12-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Spike

Oh ya I forgot to say I was watching a tv showthe other day and it was about the bite force of animals they started with dogs the strongest was a rot with an amazing 324 lbs per square inch that can crush bone and kill you quick just saying be careful with unfamilure dogs
Old 12-11-2005, 11:15 PM

as a bulldog owner, i would'nt worry about him. mine thinks she runs the house,once in awhile lots of posturing and an occassional grumble. but most are wimps, she runs for cover at a raised voice. this breed is very sensitive, he's probably a little edgy, due to his blindness.

i would contact the owner right away as these are very expensive dogs. if anything ever happened to mine, i pity the person as they would have to deal with my wife
Old 12-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: weezer

as a bulldog owner, i would'nt worry about him. mine thinks she runs the house,once in awhile lots of posturing and an occassional grumble. but most are wimps, she runs for cover at a raised voice. this breed is very sensitive, he's probably a little edgy, due to his blindness.

i would contact the owner right away as these are very expensive dogs. if anything ever happened to mine, i pity the person as they would have to deal with my wife
Weezer,
Pretty much everything you said is right on the money.

C. Davis
Old 12-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

if I'm in the woods and some damn dog comes up to me snarling and what not i give him 5 feet, if he breaks that barrier he's toast. i work in the operating room dude. dogs bites are nasty and a bulldog could take a nice piece out of you let alone make you miss the rest of the season possibly. warn the owner in a professional manner, if he won't listen tell him you warned him. deer-hunter18 has an idea, befriend him and then teach him to drive deer
Old 12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here we go again......
Old 12-12-2005, 09:48 PM

I was faced with this situation once a couple of years ago. There are wild dogs on the land that we hunt so I usually carry a pistol. Anyway, I locked my key in my truck about 2 miles back in a cutdown. So I start the hike out. When I get to the road about 5 dogs come out of this guys yard and they are all barking and snarling. They meant buisness, luckily I gave a warning shot into the ditch bank with my Sig .40 and they scattered. If they had kept coming I am not sure what I would have done, but I hope that I would have been able to take a couple out before they attacked me.