Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

finding a man in your spot

Old 12-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: finding a man in your spot

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

If its private land, confrontations with armed trespassers can get dangerous! You can choose to talk to the person, or maybe find a licence plate number, and turn them in.
I don'tfind it dangerous to talk a tresspasser, that is tresspassing in your land. All you have to tell him is that he's tresspassing in a good tone voice, the way you like to be talk at,in no way will he be offended if you tell him nicely. But if you raised your voice andventat him then that's another problem you just creative yourself and are asking for more trouble. Why do I say this, is because I own lands too and I confront 20-30 tresspasser every year for the last 10 years and never had a problem with them. I know you pay taxes and you own the land but when I think about it, it's not worthmy life,to vent and cuss at them for tresspassing, especially someone that is armed and in the woods. There is two things I can thinkof when you cuss and vent at tresspassers, one you are tire of living and want to create a bigger problem, two, want to scare them and be a tough guy. Like my father always say don't get yourself in a situation you can't control.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Your dad taught you well.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a good one. I had permission to hunt 85 acres in SE WI. I had this guy walk by me while I was in my stand. I got down and asked if he knew the owner. He said no, but has hunted here for 15 yrs. I said I'm the only one who has permission to hunt here. The next day I came out to hunt and all 3 of my stands were gone and the tree steps. They may not shoot you but they might take your stuff.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went to my stand once at daybreak and their was a guy actually hunting out of it. Prime time. I said, "what are you doing in my stand"? He said a friend had put him in it, in which I knew was a down right lie as their were only his tracks coming into it. I said well,can you getout of my stand? I believed his next repley was, "but my friend put me in it". I said, "Bud, I put that stand up the other day along with the treesteps and cut those shooting lanes in, and your not hunting out of it".At this time, I'm walking towards him with my 870 clinched in my righthand at 20 yrds away from him and he wasn't going to cooperate in coming down and he had a scoped rifle laying across his lap, at this point I'm pissed from the hike in, finding someone in my stand and also the morning hunt blown. I raised the 870 over my right shoulder and punched the safety as loud as possible, and at this point, I told him to get the fu@%k out of my stand,....NOW!!! And he did.
I just cannot believe that I actually had to command him to get down.

Bobby
Old 12-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats sounds like it could have gotten nasty. That probaly wasn't the best way to handle that. Why take your safety off so he could here it. Your effin lucky he didn't shoot you. Why didn't you back out and call the warden. Didn't sound like he was going anywhere.