Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical  shot in Indiana >

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Old 12-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

James B - Where is this big Muley at? I could always help ya get him

Back to the subject at hand. That is a great deer, I don't see it breaking any world records though.

I personally couldn't shoot a deer illegally and live with it. I'm not going to lie to you guys, I am guilty of stretching a few laws. Where I live it is common practice to chase deer down with pickups and shoot them. I'm more than likely guilty of doing it at one point. But, now that I am older and wiser to the world, I wouldn't risk doing anything that would affect my hunting/gun owning priveleges. Nothing gives me a red A$$ more than guys taking big bucks illegally. I had a big 4x4 picked out for this rifle season, have pictures of him, and knew exactly what he was doing at all times of the day. Opening morning of rifle season here a few select Nimrods from a nearby town chased that buck 3 miles with 2 pickups and finally gunned him down. Yes, he was the big buck I was after and he grossed 173" as a 4x4. That morning when I finally caught up to those guys, my hunting buddy thought I was going to kill someone. Turns out the guy I thought killed it, nephew did (14 years old) I gave them a healthy dose of "etical talk", etc and I told the kid as I was leaving I hope he feels good about himself.

Sorry for rambling on for so long, I hope this buck wasn't killed illegally. And if it was, I hope they prosecute the SOB to the fullest extent of the law.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:46 AM

That picture is fake. It has been altered via photoshop or some other program. I can't beleive this has picture/rumor has gone on for so long.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Strange to me that anytime somebody kills a large deer it is always assumed by others that it was an illegal harvest. Sounds like antler envy sometimes.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Strange to me that anytime somebody kills a large deer it is always assumed by others that it was an illegal harvest. Sounds like antler envy sometimes.
exactly
Old 12-12-2005, 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath
.. ..my point was and IS that givin the same set of circumstances this guy was in... if I were hunting in my home state ..being out of bucks tags but doe hunting ..and having a potential world record walk in front of me I would have shot it and if you or the others are man enough to let him walk on the God bless you..your just a lot stronger willed then me.. and I think most hunters I know if they were ashonest as they were ethical would admit the same thing ... I think its just human nature ... the big no no inM/O was involving his son in the act and that was very wrong...with that being said I commend you for your ethical stand and I do not say that facectiously ...

dd
You're saying (a) you'd break the law and be a cheater to get a "world record" (actually I think you're saying you'd break the law and be acheater just to shoot a big deer!). (b) most hunters are cheaters and law breakers and (c) it's human nature to break the law and be a cheater. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm surprised that you aren't ashamed to admit that you'd be a cheater and law breaker. I'd be ashamed if I thought that were true about myself. A "world record" is not a world record if you're a cheater; it's just a deer poached by a cheater. A big deer is just another deer, but is something to be ashamed of if you cheat and break the law.

As for your opinion that "most hunters" are cheaters, I'm not all surprised that you think that because, I too have met a lot of cheating sleeze bags hunting - dirt balls I wouldn't care to associate with. From your comments, I guess most of the people you know who hunt are in the cheater category. My opinion is that there are indeed a lot of cheating, law breaking scum bags out there.

But they are NOT the majority, or even near it. Even less of a majority for me because once I figure that out about someone, I wouldn't be hunting with them in the future. I think that anyone who finds himself to be surrounded by a "majority" of those type of hunters should think real hard about the type of people he associates with.

It is also my opinion that it may or may not be human nature to break laws and cheat - but a strong person would not do it, or if in a moment of weakness or just by mistake would be very ashamed to do it and certainly wouldn't try to get some sort of accolade or record for it.

Good hunting to you, and I hope you choose to hunt, not poach.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: zekeskar

You're saying (a) you'd break the law and be a cheater to get a "world record" (actually I think you're saying you'd break the law and be acheater just to shoot a big deer!). (b) most hunters are cheaters and law breakers and (c) it's human nature to break the law and be a cheater. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
zekeskar I am going back on my word because I said I would not post again on this subject however YOUR post compels me to just say this .... I said what I ment and I meant what I said ... I did not pull the trigger on this bucknor have I ever illegally shot a deer ..however given these same set of circustances I most likely would have shot him NOW put THAT in your pipe and smoke it !

dd
Old 12-12-2005, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

NOW put THAT in your pipe and smoke it !

dd
[/quote]

LOL
Old 12-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even less of a majority for me because once I figure that out about someone, I wouldn't be hunting with them in the future. I think that anyone who finds himself to be surrounded by a "majority" of those type of hunters should think real hard about the type of people he associates with.
Zekester, great post. It amazes me how unethical hunters, think everyone else is just like them?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:46 PM

I agree with DD. If that opportunity arose I too would have a very very very hard time letting him walk by. It's better to be hated for what you believe than to be loved for who your not. I don't poach deer but I haven't had a possible world record walk by eather.

AS for that deer being a typical world record? Dream on! That belongs in CANADA!!!!

[/align]
Old 12-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

What bothers me is people say "if" an opportunity like this was presented I too would have a hard time letting him walk. First off no one said it was easy letting them walk and those who have will agree it is extremely hard but it is the right thing to do.

Ok back tothe original thought -How can you let your ethics stoop based only on the headgear the animal totes?

Would you let your ethics slide on the eve of your last day to hunt?

Would you forget the rules of safety in the heat of the moment when a big buck or bull appeared between you and your hunting partner?

I guess I am puzzled that when the sheet hits the wall, what would you do?

It is the responsible thing to consider everything around the events and in the heat of the moment make the correct desicion. Failing to make sound decisions based on the moment are how buddies get shot, how we lose area to hunt yearlyand what gives our sport a bad name.

It is scary to me to think impulse beats out common sense. Itequally trouble some thatgreed can make an otherwise good hunter stoop in his ethics. Last timeI checked any record book has a disclaimer of Fair Chase for animals to qualify, so if such a situation did arise you really aren't eligible for the crown! Such cases have arose in our current trophy craze world and you will find those individuals have slid intooblivion. The microscope has become intense onbig trophiesthat it would appear cheating will be not rewarded to often. So would it be worth it, to lose the crown, maybe the deer you broke your personal ethical code to take and live with the aftermath, just to shoot a big buck??

The real question is why does a big buck not garner the same set of rules as a small buck or doe? I think we all know the answer to this question and that truly is SAD!

BTW it is also the same reason many jump to the conclusion that when a trophy buck is harvested it must have an illegal under tone. Very SAD indeed[:'(].

I too am done with this thread, as it appears we are just making our sport a easier target.

Keep the wind on your nose

Quick Reply: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.