Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical  shot in Indiana >

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Old 12-11-2005, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

ORIGINAL: pocomoke

Read any of the forums and you will see you are not alone.Many many people out there hunting just like you. It is because of folks like you thatI will never allow any nimrods to hunt my land. Just to many headaches[:-]
nimrod ...NIMROD ??? Hemmmm ...I have been called worse but I can't remember when .... nimrod .... all I can say is "judge not least you be judged" ...

dd
Old 12-11-2005, 07:49 AM

Guilty before innocent most are today.But anyway, If it was shot illegal,I would just say 1/3 illegal. It was during hunting season.It was tagged.So that part can't be illegal.The only part that can be is for him not haveing a tag for it. And if his son tagged it then he is 1/3 guilty to.But does it matter.To me it don't. I would of shot it to or if seen it on the road in front of my truck I would of tagged it.If I shot it when I had no buck tags left I would say mistaken kill. Pay a little fine and still be able to keep the deer.The does was running thru the woods and when I squeezed off I seen one fall but it wasn't a doe.No big deal no loss of liscense everything is fine.The only thing would have to listen to are jealous people crying about it. And who have ever shot a deer 5 minutes after shooting time or 5 minutes before are just as guilty as poaching then.But,we got to many boyscouts who wouldn't dare admit to breaking the law in anyway.Includeing speeding.There is way to many hipocrits in this world today. I would be proud to of shot that deer even if had no buck tags left and only doe tags. I would of called the game commision told him mistaken kill and where to send my fine and got his name and that be the end of that hassle.But,I wouldn't be in that situation ifI shot it on my property,Cause I never tag my deer and would have that deer tag if a big deer like that ever occured.And it wouldn't be for the reason of a record, It would be the reason of takeing to a taxidermist to have it mounted and not for braggin rights.I was just raised being free if anyone wants to know what gives me this right to do a thing like this.

God Bless and safe journeys
Old 12-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Good to know where you stand in the ethics department DD.[:'(]
Poco sorry I can't walk on the water with YOU and some of the others... Im not sure where the stumps are ! ...As for poaching yeh I suppose thats true BUT its also being called a human and I honestly doubt if most of us were in the same position he was we would not have done the same thing (other then involving his teen son)...and as for Ethics that is a relative term ... depending on WHO the judge is... I am NOT going to hunt over corn ...spot light ...tresspass...or shoot a buck out of season because that ispremeditatedBUT when a buck like THIS justwalks in on you I have to think most of us are going to pop a cap on him ...JMHO .. now if that is being to honest for you then I guess you won't want me as president of your local hunting club !

dd

dd
DD you make a nice argument about your personal beliefs. You mention all the things you won't do that are wrong in your eyes but don't have a problem with doing something illegal spur of the moment in the heat of the chase. Seeing a world class buck is a dream for most of us. Harvesting one in fair chase conditions is at the top of the scale for a true hunter. You are right that many people will probably succumb to the temptation to shoot even without tags. That is the reason why LEO's have such an easy time entrapping hunters with Bucky the mechanical deer. I personally know a guy that has killed over 20 north county racked deer over 200 pounds. He was hunting in Maine a few years ago and 10 minutes before legal shooting was traveling down some paper co. lands and spotted a huge rack with 2 long drop tines. This guy has harvested several MASTC bucks from Maine, B&C class bucks from Canada and he said it was the largest buck he ever saw. He got out of the truck and loaded and shot. After the first shot the driver of the truck said dummy and the guy shot a second time. He thought the driver was calling him a dummy but he was really referring to the fact that he could see the DEC guys coming out of the trees. $1600. fine, loss of gun and 3 days in jail. I always viewed this guy as one of the best hunters I ever met but now his reputation is tainted in my eyes. My point is that when you walk a thin line there is always the possibility of getting burned. IMO the only way to make sure this type of thing never happens is to live a life patterned at following the rules. Doc I know you are for real and hunting is a major part of your life judging by your posts. Even if you did kill a monster and got away with the crime, the good doc would know in his heart that he cheated and that would be a hollow victory in most true sportsmen’s eyes. If you try to follow the rules the stumps will show themselves.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Good to know where you stand in the ethics department DD.[:'(]
Poco sorry I can't walk on the water with YOU and some of the others... Im not sure where the stumps are ! ...As for poaching yeh I suppose thats true BUT its also being called a human and I honestly doubt if most of us were in the same position he was we would not have done the same thing (other then involving his teen son)...and as for Ethics that is a relative term ... depending on WHO the judge is... I am NOT going to hunt over corn ...spot light ...tresspass...or shoot a buck out of season because that ispremeditatedBUT when a buck like THIS justwalks in on you I have to think most of us are going to pop a cap on him ...JMHO .. now if that is being to honest for you then I guess you won't want me as president of your local hunting club !

dd

dd
DD you make a nice argument about your personal beliefs. You mention all the things you won't do that are wrong in your eyes but don't have a problem with doing something illegal spur of the moment in the heat of the chase. Seeing a world class buck is a dream for most of us. Harvesting one in fair chase conditions is at the top of the scale for a true hunter. You are right that many people will probably succumb to the temptation to shoot even without tags. That is the reason why LEO's have such an easy time entrapping hunters with Bucky the mechanical deer. I personally know a guy that has killed over 20 north county racked deer over 200 pounds. He was hunting in Maine a few years ago and 10 minutes before legal shooting was traveling down some paper co. lands and spotted a huge rack with 2 long drop tines. This guy has harvested several MASTC bucks from Maine, B&C class bucks from Canada and he said it was the largest buck he ever saw. He got out of the truck and loaded and shot. After the first shot the driver of the truck said dummy and the guy shot a second time. He thought the driver was calling him a dummy but he was really referring to the fact that he could see the DEC guys coming out of the trees. $1600. fine, loss of gun and 3 days in jail. I always viewed this guy as one of the best hunters I ever met but now his reputation is tainted in my eyes. My point is that when you walk a thin line there is always the possibility of getting burned. IMO the only way to make sure this type of thing never happens is to live a life patterned at following the rules. Doc I know you are for real and hunting is a major part of your life judging by your posts. Even if you did kill a monster and got away with the crime, the good doc would know in his heart that he cheated and that would be a hollow victory in most true sportsmen’s eyes. If you try to follow the rules the stumps will show themselves.
C.I. that was well said and I trully respect your views however no where in this thread did I say "It was the right thing to do" ..my point was and IS that givin the same set of circumstances this guy was in... if I were hunting in my home state ..being out of bucks tags but doe hunting ..and having a potential world record walk in front of me I would have shot it and if you or the others are man enough to let him walk on the God bless you..your just a lot stronger willed then me.. and I think most hunters I know if they were ashonest as they were ethical would admit the same thing ... I think its just human nature ... the big no no inM/O was involving his son in the act and that was very wrong...with that being said I commend you for your ethical stand and I do not say that facectiously ...

dd
Old 12-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

fighting like 7 year olds LOL...... funny.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Old 12-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

Bristow I take exception with that remark ..this is a healthy debate which I think is what the forum is all about .. I know there are several that disagree with my post ..and a few that agree ..thus a healthy debate ...no fighting and not much name calling (well I was called a nimrod) ...I respect these guys opinion weather they agree or disagree as long as they are honest!

dd
Old 12-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

Bristow I take exception with that remark ..this is a healthy debate which I think is what the forum is all about .. I know there are several that disagree with my post ..and a few that agree ..thus a healthy debate ...no fighting and not much name calling (well I was called a nimrod) ...I respect these guys opinion weather they agree or disagree as long as they are honest!

dd

im on your sideDD lol.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Doc, don't you think debating should be done via PMs? Just a thought.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:32 AM

DD I have edited out that last comment of mine. It was not the best choice of words as some may be offended...

Quick Reply: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.