Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical  shot in Indiana >

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Old 12-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

can someone please post a link to the official news about this deer being illegal??? I havent seen anything EXCEPT in forums, and thats not news. All Ive seen were jealous guys talking junk and I havent seen any news links to show a story about this being poached.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found this statement on another forum

I went to the Outdoorsman on Wed. I talked to one of the employees and here is what he would tell me about the deer in question.

1. The deer was taken in Indiana and was taken near Morgantown 1.5 north of ( I had heard Martinsville too, but the employee said Morgantown.).
2. The deer field dressed at 225LBS.
3. It measured 221 green by two of there local/regular Taxidermists (when I questioned him about their qualifications he stated they were very knowlegdable and trustworthy).
4. He would not give any info on the rummors, just that there are a lot of envious people out there.
5.It was taken with a shotgun.

So as of right now that was the info I was given from the Outdoorsman. The employee also said that there have been 8-10 200+ greenmeasured deer this season, numbers are down, but quality is up.

dd

Old 12-10-2005, 06:41 PM

Good to know where you stand in the ethics department DD.[:'(]
Old 12-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Taking a buck or any deer for that matter without a proper tag is called poaching.[:-]
Old 12-10-2005, 08:38 PM

I won't comment on the rumours because that's all they are--so DD,s comments don't matter much either--although they probably are more accurate than most of us want to admit! What I see is a buck that , with deductions, as a typical ,seems to me ,would ahve a hard time making it to 220. But, it doesn't take away from its being a great deer none the less--regardless of score.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am completely comfortable saying I would not have shot this deer or any other if I was out of tags. THAT IS POACHING. As for the buck in question I can't see 200, much less 220 typical, but what an awesome buck!
Old 12-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

can someone please post a link to the official news about this deer being illegal??? I havent seen anything EXCEPT in forums, and thats not news. All Ive seen were jealous guys talking junk and I havent seen any news links to show a story about this being poached.
There isnt any news links to wether or not it was poached, and there also isnt any news links confirming it to be a legal kill or a new record. Everything about this deer is still in question. Those forums you are talking about are the same places where the story of this deer originated. In fact, i seen the very first post about deer, it came from HoosierHunting.Com, the president of the Indiana Deer Hunters Association was bragging this deer up, then a few days later locked the thread. Wonder why? I know one thing for sure, if i were 19 years old and thought i had a world class deer i just killed, i would never be to busy that i couldnt get it checked in within 48 hours. I live in Indiana, this deer was news here about a month ago, like i said, havent heard nothing new as of late and im not surprised.

DD, i agree with you 100 percent. I think many hunters would have done the same thing. From what i have read, this guy did himself no favors though. He could have bought the kids license BEFORE the season started and then simply had the kid take the deer in and he probably wouldnt be facing so many questions Of course, had he done this, he would in no way be associated with the deer. He likely checked it in becuase he wanted the pic with him in it. Im a member on the site where you got that post about the employee at the Outdoorsman, interesting that he wouldnt comment on the legality of this deer considering they are willing to tell you anything else you would ever want to know and even will give you pics, also interesting becuase it was actually an employee of that shop who started the story about the alleged "party hunting" that had taken place.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

DD, i agree with you 100 percent. I think many hunters would have done the same thing.
Please refrain for using the word "hunters" in such statements.Shooting an animal without a tag is Poaching..no if's, and's or but's. I personally don't consider poaching hunting nor want to be associated with poaching as a "hunter". I would like to think my mind set is of the majority, if not lord help us we have no hope for the future of this sport. I think making such a statement is ridiculous. Not to mention on public forum such as this foolish.

On a side note nice buck. I hope the deer was taken under the premise of fair chase though (AKA legally).

Old 12-11-2005, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pocomoke

Good to know where you stand in the ethics department DD.[:'(]
Poco sorry I can't walk on the water with YOU and some of the others... Im not sure where the stumps are ! ...As for poaching yeh I suppose thats true BUT its also being called a human and I honestly doubt if most of us were in the same position he was we would not have done the same thing (other then involving his teen son)...and as for Ethics that is a relative term ... depending on WHO the judge is... I am NOT going to hunt over corn ...spot light ...tresspass...or shoot a buck out of season because that ispremeditatedBUT when a buck like THIS justwalks in on you I have to think most of us are going to pop a cap on him ...JMHO .. now if that is being to honest for you then I guess you won't want me as president of your local hunting club !

dd

dd
Old 12-11-2005, 06:41 AM

With folks picking and choosing which law they will follow and which they will not,well no wonder the woods are full of bad hunters. Its not a question of me walking on water,I would not shoot a deer illegally.

Read any of the forums and you will see you are not alone.Many many people out there hunting just like you. It is because of folks like you thatI will never allow anyone to hunt my land. Just to many headaches[:-]

Quick Reply: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.