Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

am i INSANE

Old 12-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default am i INSANE

i piss in a squirt bottle and mix it up with deer scent just so it's warm and i have more(truth)

when i come to a scrape i scoop up some dirt and smell it, i have no idea why. then i piss on the scrape(truth)

when walking to my stand some times i purposely shake bushes and snort to try and sound like a buck(truth)

when sitting in the stand for hours without a deer sighting I'll whisper things like,' YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO COME OVER HERE MR. DEER. YOU WANT TO JUST WALK RIIIIGHT BY AND LOOOOK AWAY SO I CAN LAUNCH THIS 500 GR ARROW WITH RAZORS ON IT THROUGH YOUR THORACIC CAVITY. YES...YES... YOU LIKE THAT..NO.. YOU LOOOOVE THAT. SO COME ON..COME ON OVER HERE MR. DEER, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO". ( absolutely true)

does anyone else do this and if so is this normal? if not do you know of any medication i could try to help suppress or curethis mental and physical sickness i have?

pleeease help me!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Default RE: am i INSANE

I think my friend that you have been sitting in treestands too long this season as you are in my opinion - certifiably insane.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:02 PM

All I got to say is:

You are a very unique individual. I don't think they make drugs strong enough in your case.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Not only insane, but off your rabbit @.. mind!
Old 12-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

LOL I'm sitting here at work (operating room). nothing going on and i always jump on the forum to read the newest buzzz. the season is almost over my friends. hope everyone tasted the flavor of success.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Jimmy, here we can hunt untill the Mid.of Feb. in the pandle.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:54 PM

Jimmy. I think everybody has there oun way of entertaining yourself when you start to get cold or bored in the uncomfortable tree stand. Your not human if it doesn’t happen to you.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

im past that stage...everything i see looks like a deer....almost scoped out my drivers today..i knew they were getting close...but man...2 were walking together...one behind the other...and it honestly looked like a big deer twice from my view 120yds through the woods....light fading..thick brush....but if i didnt know they should have been close i would have had to scope them out.....its getting bad
Old 12-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well the good Doctor thinks your a pickle shy of a full jar !

dd

Old 12-10-2005, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Heck no. While I don't do the first three things you mentioned I do partake in the latter. It helps me from slipping into the "hunting coma" as I describe it. You know, when you get to that point when you've been on stand so long that you just zone out and your alertness drops off signifigantly. Usually that's when a deer just "appears" in front of you presenting the perfect shot but he'slooking right at you and your gun/bow is in your lap.

One thing I do that's similar to your snorting and shaking of the bushes is walk heel toe, heel toe to sound like a 4 legged animal when it's not possible to be completely quiet. If you really force the issue of planting your heelthen toe to create the noise you'd be amazed at how much you can loose the "human" aspect of your walk. Learned it years ago from some video about moose hunting and it seems to work. As long as the wind is in my favor I've walked up on deer that seem to be waiting for a fellow deer to pop out of the brush. Or I just think it works and the deer would be there anyway.

Quick Reply: am i INSANE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.