Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Legislation to ban "Dead Deer in Public View" >

Legislation to ban "Dead Deer in Public View"

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
7.09%
No
92.91%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Legislation to ban "Dead Deer in Public View"

Old 12-09-2005, 07:43 AM

Default RE: Legislation to ban "Dead Deer in Public View"

DD John wayne wore a dress to but he was not a homo.He did it because he was man enough to do it.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:44 AM

A big no from me as well. And since most others feel the same way about it,how bouts just do it the way you want and leave the rest of the world out of your fantasy land ideas. Hey if you dont like the dirty magazines in the adult bookstore,STAY THE HECK OUT. If you dont like the dead deer in back of my truck,DONT LOOK.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fruit loops

DD John wayne wore a dress to but he was not a homo.He did it because he was man enough to do it.
LOL ...THIS is what just breaks me up ..how in the WORLD do you go from talking about displaying dead deer in public to John Wayne in a dress and homo's ... ONLY in America !

dd

Old 12-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thers no need for a new law, just a little good discretion!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:37 AM

"I say no, yeah!"

Old 12-09-2005, 08:44 AM

Actually up until 2 or 3 years ago, in Wisconsin, you were required to have the deer showing until it was registered.

I don't show my deer if I can help it, but I don't think there needs to be a law that says you have to. Every time a law is passed we lose a little more of our freedom.

What would this guy do?

Old 12-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

absolutly not! I guess everyone who dosent own a large suv or truck would have to give up hunting since you cant stuff a large deer into the trunk of a small car. and eventually it would lead to things like banning it being hung in your yard to skin since the public might driveby and be offended. Then the might start to ban decals that depict deer heads on trucks, that way the public dosent have to know that you hunt and kill poor innocent deer and that you might have one in the back of the truck now. Then what about hunting magazines with pictures of dead animals on the front that are in public view, they'll have to start keeping those behind the counter too since it might offend the public. Thats just one step closer and a win for the antis....
Old 12-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

No need for a law
Old 12-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I voted "NO" for two reasons. My first and most important reason is that I fear any law restricting practices of hunters may be used in the long haul to further restrict practices of hunters in the future, by extending the law further. My second reason is just an objection to more laws. I don't like a bunch of bloody laws limiting my behavior. That isn't what I naturally think of when I sing those words ". . . home of the free . . ." Let's approach things like this from point of view of educating and molding the character of our citizens and hunters rather than passing another law. Laws have to be enforced by police. Police are not all created equal. Some police are wonderful individuals. Other police may have poor judgment, may have a will to dominate, may severely dislike hunters (no one says a policeman has to be pro-hunting). Sometimes laws are erroneously enforced. Sometimes laws are ambiguously written and have effects beyond those orignially intended.

I don't drive around with deer carcasses displayed and would not deliberately do this. I carry my deer carcasses in my Chevy Suburban and the rear windows are pretty darkly tinted, so most people aren't going to see a deer inside my truck. I do hang the deer from a tree in a backyard where I butcher my deer, and this has been in towns with neighbors. Usually the deer hangs about 24 hours before I butcher it. If there is anything offensive I do, it is the actual skinning and cutting up of the deer into quarters, which is in plain sight of the neighbors. What is my alternative? If I had a closed shed to do this in, of course I would do it there.

No law.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well ain't that odd ... most on here are admiting to their "No" vote but there are 9 "Yes" votes ..who voted yes....seems you would be proud to admit voting yes...

dd

Quick Reply: Legislation to ban "Dead Deer in Public View"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.