Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Blaze Orange Deer Can't See?

Old 12-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blaze Orange Deer Can't See?

I thought deer see orange as black???Never had a problem with the old stuff.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:15 PM

One could prolly hunt with a Ronald McDonald outfit on
and fill a tag.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:36 PM

Actually, the Ronald McDonald suit wasn't that great. For some reason I didn't see a single deer this season using the Ronald McDonald camo.

Maybe because I didn't have the red wig on. It didn't seem to keep the ears warm enough in the sub frigid temps.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Youre better off wearing a certain shade of blue. There is a certain shade of blue that is virtually invisable to deer.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Awesome........................................... ..............Rip off![8D]
LOL ..heck where Reb lives they still wear white ...with hoods LOL

dd

Old 12-09-2005, 06:07 AM

it's a ripoff.. Deer are colorblind anyway
Old 12-09-2005, 06:24 AM

How do they know what color deer can see?
Scientist are not allways correct.They may think they know what deer can see.
But are they correct? Maybe they are colored blind. If that is the case why don't just make camo out of black and white. What good is the green and browns or the mossy oak colors then. It just hides you from the hunters is all. I believe it's also a waiste of money if deer can only see black and white to buy all these fancy camo clothes.
I think it's a another banjo minnow sales myself. I caught more fish on slugos and shad assassins than ever on banjo minnows.In June and July I have caughtBass on a bobber with hooks tied to it and used it as a plug to prove my point that certain times of a year fish will hit anything that hits the water. They used the banjo lure at the peak of the season when fish would hit anything. I know it wouldn't work as goodin early season or late season as it would in the warmer months when fish attack anything and everything.It's another get rich scheme that many will buy into. Just give me my black and white lined with patches of odd shape on my camo suit and that will be good enough for me.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:56 AM

They know how deer see because they take apart the deer eyball and count the cones. There are three kinds of cones, red, green, and blue, and each one picks up different wavelenghts of light. Deer have very few red cones, so they have trouble distinguishing reddish colors. They see blue and green fine - but blaze orange they see as faint yellow, and it kind of blends in with the greens.

Either way, it's not really about your color scheme, it's about movement. If you fidget a lot, don't wear anything solid blue.

This is how deer see you:

Old 12-09-2005, 09:13 AM

I'd be more impressed if they'd spelled "ophthalmology" correctly.

(And yeah, I have a problem with people who talk about scientific breakthroughs and thenmisspell the name of the science in question.)
Old 12-09-2005, 12:50 PM

AHHH If they see green fine,Why is the vegatation in the picture like a orange and yellowish color. Are you saying thatthey can't divide the colors up then?

Quick Reply: Blaze Orange Deer Can't See?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.