Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer allowed per season??

Old 12-06-2005, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer allowed per season??

Ontario. . . . .
It really depends on the zone. . .
In my area we have a lottery for antlerless tags and if you don't get one you an antlered tag to use in bow or firearm season.
Where I hunted this year though the bow season is oct. 1st to nov. 6th, then it's shotgun season from nov. 7th-19th then bow season again from the 20th to dec. 4th then dec. 5th to 10th is muzzleloader. then bow season from the 11th to the 31st and your done.
You get one tag for every season here(antlerless that is) and you can buy bonus tags.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like DD said, it totals out to about 200 legal deer per season in Bama possible.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:57 AM

In Miss,
Unofficial rules as per Bama.
Official rules say 3 does and 3 bucks per year w/ 2 more w/ a bow.
R
Hank
Old 12-06-2005, 06:59 AM

There's just a few points of contention I see with what you listed.

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

NY

1 Buck during regular (firearms) season
2 DMP antlerless tags if you get them (its a lottery system)
You can have 2 DMP antlerless tags signed over to you from another hunter.
Bow/Muzzleloader Special Season 1 Antlerless tag and 1 either sex tag if you buy both priveleges. If you only buy one or the other you only get 1 either sex tag.

Your buck tag for regular season can be use to take a doe or a buck in the late bow/muzzleloader season

from DEC website:

Q. Can I use my regular season deer carcass tag during the special seasons?

A. Your regular season deer carcass tag cannot be used in the early archery* or early muzzleloading seasons. It can only be used in the regular big game seasons in the Northern and Southern Zones to take a buck. It can also be used to take an antlered or antlerless deer in Westchester & Suffolk counties, in areas restricted to bowhunting only, and during the late seasons with the appropriate bow or muzzleloading privileges.

DMP Antlerless tags can be used during all seasons in the Southern Zone. Current year DMP tags cannot be used in the Northern Zone during early archery or early ML. Special season tags can only be used during the specified archery/ML season in either zone.

DMP Antlerless tags are only good for the specified WMU. Your special season antlerless tags are good statewide.
All in all, if you hunt with every implement available to you and recieve all the tags you can for one season, you'll tag out after 7 deer.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

WisconsinOutside Eradication Zones)
Bow Season : 1 deer of either sex+1 Tzone (Antlerless only zone)plus as many antlerless if you purchase bonus tags for your area
Gun season : 1 buck (regular firearm tag)
hunters Choice tag 1 of either sex but fills regular tag.
As many bonus tags as you decide (Antlerless only)
1 Tzone (Antlerless only areas)

So heres the break down of what i go tthis year:
2 deer for bow 1 buck and 1 doe
2 deer for gun 1 buck and 1 doe
I still have a bonus tag and one tzone tag open. So I can get a total of 6 deer if i wanted.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:26 AM

In Virginia it's split between east and west of the Blue Ridge. West of the Blue Ridge you can harvest 2 bucks and 3 does with regular tags. East of the Blue Ridge you can harvest 3 bucks and three does. But, you can purchase unlimited doe tags to use on private land. In certain counties the doe days are limited, so it depends on the county you hunt.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:01 AM

IL It depends on landowners tags. You can only kill two antlered bucks per year no matter what. I could be wrong, but If you keep buying bow tags I believe you can kill as many does as you can shoot.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

in new York i believe its....
1 buck/doe bow,muzzel
1 buck gun
1 doe gun
and you have they options to sign up for 2 extra doe tags in a given zone
problem is know one reports to be honest. all the hunters i talk to say the pop. is lower than ever. they don't see nearly as many deer as they use to. i see a lot of deer IMO, but then again I've only been hunting for about two years now. every year more and more land is posted and public/open hunting ground becomes smaller and smalleri don't know, i think that the tags should be i buck, 2 doe per person total but I'm a conservationist and I'm sick of seeing less and less big, healthy bucks in the woods. not to mention the veteran hunters bit#h about how the DEC has not done a good job managing the deer pop. for the hunter who's average age now in new york (according to the local news) is now 49. i only hope things get better for us all in this state.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: jimmy the foot

in new York i believe its....
1 buck/doe bow,muzzel
1 buck gun
1 doe gun
and you have they options to sign up for 2 extra doe tags in a given zone
problem is know one reports to be honest. all the hunters i talk to say the pop. is lower than ever. they don't see nearly as many deer as they use to. i see a lot of deer IMO, but then again I've only been hunting for about two years now. every year more and more land is posted and public/open hunting ground becomes smaller and smaller i don't know, i think that the tags should be i buck, 2 doe per person total but I'm a conservationist and I'm sick of seeing less and less big, healthy bucks in the woods. not to mention the veteran hunters bit#h about how the DEC has not done a good job managing the deer pop. for the hunter who's average age now in new york (according to the local news) is now 49. i only hope things get better for us all in this state.
NY's the way it's listed above. This year I purchased the Super Sportsman Resident license and received two DMP tags. That gave me 1 regular season antlered tag, 2 DMP antlerless tags, and because it includes both bow and muzzleloader priveledges I get one antlerless tag and one either sex tag to use in those special seasons. That's 5 tags. And if I am lucky enough to have someone sign their DMP's over to me (limit two per hunter per season) that would give me two more antlerless tags, for a grand total of 7 deer legally tagged. And more meat than I could fit in my freezer.

Numbers do seem down though. Guess it all depends on where you hunt. I know of some groups having banner years, and others not seeing many deer at all.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Here in Nebraska, we are allowed only 1 tag per bow, rifle and muzzleloader. I believe that only one of the deer can be bucks, but I could be a little off. I only concentrate on rifle season which is 1 tag that could either be buck only, doe only or either sex.

Quick Reply: Deer allowed per season??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.