Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

land owners

Old 12-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: land owners

ORIGINAL: fruit loops

Someone would be getting shot if came into my house and got into my personal things without a warrant or my consent.

Not a smart move Partner!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:15 AM

Well if we don't take a stand now then we never will. Maybe it's time to look into buying some hybrid wolves for security purposes then.Like a whole pack of them.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: fruit loops

Well if we don't take a stand now then we never will. Maybe it's time to look into buying some hybrid wolves for security purposes then.Like a whole pack of them.

Old 12-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

here in MO. landowners with more than 75 acres in a single tract can get up to three tags at no cost depending on areayoulive in.1 anydeer, 2 anterless.. This includeds everone in the household who is a family member. Landowners who have less than that can also recieve no cost tags, and tags vary in number depending on where you live. As for the game wardens searching your property, yes they can search without a warrant, with probable cause as said before. However, if your legal, then there's nothing to worry about. I hunt legally, and therefore don't have a problem with it. I even know my game wardens personally, I even hunt with a MO. conservation employee. We have serious problems with poachers and roadhunters near my land, and so we (friends and I) stay in touch with them during hunting season. They are seriously out numbered and need all the help we can give them. All ofus should apprieciate the efforts they do everyday. It's a very dangerous job, even more than a police officer. Practically everone the game warden encounters will be armed. That can't be said for our cops in blue. If someone is upset by the powers they have, it's probably due to something illegal hehas done, and doesn't want to get caught. As for your weapon of choice, check your local states laws,or better yet, call your local game officer and introduce yourself, he'll be glad to know you. Remember, ignorance is no excuse for the law as far as they are conserned. good luck.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Well said Mastevt!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:37 AM

The c.o. here in bc can check your freezer anc fridge too just to make sure your not breaking quotas.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

In our state, the same laws apply to land owners and non land owners. You will get a permit if you apply but you have to pay for it same as non land owners. I own my deer hunting land but still must follow all the regulations. We can hunt small game on our own land without permits but not big game or ducks and geese.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:46 AM

I don't know if them are the kinda dogs I want protecting my property rebel.
But how do they get to break the constitution? And the constitution protects me as a property ownerfrom illegal search and seizure to be able to shoot them cause they are here in my house illegally.Especially for a damn animal violation. I am a strong believer in our constitution and our past where we came from. So this would make meunamerican if I let them do this. And the sad part is they would be risking their life andhealth for an animal that is so abundant and are worried about one deer shot out of season.Not saying I would I just making a story here.I wouldnt't shoot a deer out of season I would hit it with my truck after season. But for them to risk their lifes for one deer and breaking the constitution by unlawful entry into someones house seems very idiotic to me.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

A game warden in Virginia told me that game is the propertyof the "citizens of the state," not the individual land owner, and that being the case she had the right to enforce the laws.

We did not discuss the legal parameters ofprobable cause,etc. I simply choose not to mess with it - the deer seasonis long enoughtfor me, all thing considered.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm sure that different states will have different specific laws. Seems like I heard the other day that the Supreme Court was going to rule on a case by a man that was arrested by a game warden on his property for illegal hunting of some sort. They were using the illegal search and seisurebasis for their case. If it sticks the game wardens will lose a lot of their rights.

Quick Reply: land owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.