Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 QUIT WHINING AND TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT >

QUIT WHINING AND TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

QUIT WHINING AND TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

Old 12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QUIT WHINING AND TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

Im not sure if "being PC "is what some are trying to do or if it's just being considerate of others.

I sit in a restaurant and decide to not curse up a storm when telling a story because at the table next to me is a mom with her two kids. PC or Considerate of others?
Or should i say " i don't care what they think they can kiss my arse?

I get up for an elderly woman who does not have a seat on the subway. Am I being PC or just considerate of others?
Or should I just say " i don't care what she thinks, she can kiss my arse?

I don't put a sticker on my truck that says Usama Binladen is a di** head cause that's how i feel. I want to but don't. PC or considerate of others?
Or should I just say " i dont care what the kid behind me reads, they can kiss my arse?

I don't fart in church. PC or considerate of others.
Or should i just say "i don't care what they think, they can kiss my arse"

I don't hang my dead bleeding gutted deer out of my truck because I am concerned with how it makes little Johnny feel. PC or considerate of others?
Or should i say " i don't care what little johnny thinks, he can kiss my arse"?

Look folks, I'd like to think that i'm being thought of as a considerate person in each of these and many other similar scenarios and not some bleeding heart PC fanatic that is afraid of pissing off anyone

It would seem to me that those that seem to take the "everyone can just kiss my but attitude" would Kill a deer wendesday morning hang it out of the back of the truck that has a f***osama bin laden sticker on the back. Goes to lunch at a Applebys sits next to the Brady bunch and tells his buddy how he blew the deer's F****** head offand therewas s*** everywhere. Takes thesubway to church and ignores the handicapped woman struggling to stand from the movement of the trainand when he finally gets to church he proceeds to Fart the star spangled banner during the Our Father

Old 12-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

or.....I could just be ranting
Old 12-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 12-07-2005, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: DannyD
.... proceeds to Fart the star spangled banner during the Our Father
God, I wish I hadn't wasted my youth ... to be able to fart the Star Spangled Banner! I could belch the names of the Beatles when I was in 6th grade though.

Seriously, I'm with you 100% DannyD- a lot of what is labeled PC is just good manners. Its a tough line to draw though. All of us, face to face, in real life situations would probably agree nearly 100% on good manners. We'd also probably be able to agree when certain systems whether they be schools, clubs, governments, go amuck in PCness.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you Zeke.
Look, of course i was only trying to make a point. On this and the other related post I saw a lot of what I consider manners and consideration of others being labeled as hiding what you believe inand being PC.

The I don't care what people thing they can kiss my butt attitude is all well and good to say but in reality we could not function civily as human beings.
Heck. If there was a long line atthe grocery counterand i was bigger than everyone i'd just go to the front, look back and say. "You got a problem with that then do something about it".
Why not on your next job interview look accross from the interviewer and say "you know what, you are the ugliest b**** i've ever seen". Why wouldnt you, if thats what you were thinking. you don't hide anything, if they dont like what you do then they can kiss your butt right.

Come on. We have to have some manners in this society to function
Old 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I completely agree! This is not rocket science,just plain old common sense.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:49 AM
Spike

Thank you, Danny B. I think you are right on all points. Just because it is legal does not make it right. As far as manners and consideration, best you show both around our women and kids, or we will show you how to conduct yourself.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: DannyD

I'm with you Zeke.
Look, of course i was only trying to make a point. On this and the other related post I saw a lot of what I consider manners and consideration of others being labeled as hiding what you believe inand being PC.
I agree totally. What I've decided over the past two or three decades is that people who are self-confident don't get hung up on this stuff. When people really get offended by either good manners (or whatever they want to call PC) or the opposite - get offended by habits and jokes that might be offensive to someone, but not based on bigotry - my assumption is that they are small minded and lack confidence in their own minds. If you're really comfortable with your own values and opinions, you aren't bothered or threatened by others who don't share them. You are also able to see where the values need to be held to strongly and where flexibiltity isn't a big deal.

My friends run the gamot (sp?) from pretty darn liberal to very conservative. The only ones I truely don't like talking politics or religion with are the ones who preach or try to ram their opinions down my throat, whether they be on the left or right, the ones who can't accept that anyone would believe differently than themselves, or belittle people with different opinions. Nothings worse than a strident, naive,tunel vision leftist or a smug, arrogant religist rightist.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zekeskar

Nothings worse than a strident, naive,tunel vision leftist or a smug, arrogant religist rightist.

Or a bad leftist pitcher with the short rightist porch in Yankee Stadium