Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Pics of my Northern Wisconsin 9pt. swamp buck >

Pics of my Northern Wisconsin 9pt. swamp buck

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pics of my Northern Wisconsin 9pt. swamp buck

Old 11-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pics of my Northern Wisconsin 9pt. swamp buck

Nice buck man!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Wow....Thanks for the compliments fellas!!

OK Here is the story:
I had an eventful opening day. I saw 6 deer before 10:30AM - one small buck that I passed. That evening around 3:00 I catch movement about 170 yards to my left. I sit on a steep hill, with a creek running parallel on my right side, a small field/opening in front of me, a cedar swamp behind me, and a spruce swamp ahead of me. This buck was cutting from spruce swamp to the cedar swamp on my left, I got one glimpse of antler, and decided to take him at the last second. Unfortunately, since I was shooting over my left shoulder, the scope got me right by my left eye...oh well. Turned out to be a 4ptr...I was happy with the deer, good size deer, and nice little rack. Our group always takes the first legal buck we see to get off of the snide...plus we hunt public land, so we cant practice QDM.

The following morning, my father, grandpa, and brother were in our stands by6AM, but I didnt expect to see much. We fielddressed the 4ptr. after dark, and we made quite a bit of commotion when we crossed the creek with the 4ptr.

But, it was an ultra-quiet morning, snow on the ground, a little fog, just like a picture. I thought to myself, it would be awesome to catch a big buck down by the creek this morning...I looked to my left, lone behold a huge body deer had his noise down in the middle of the field only 60 yards away. Hejustappeared there without a noise...amazing! I thought I saw antler, so I slowly click my gun of safety and begin to raise my gun...he lifts his head right at me...WOW, first thing I notice is his high rack...just awesome!!I thought 'busted', buthe put his head right back down near the drag trail...and despite my heart throbbing, I made the shot with the 7MM. He went about 60 yards and expired. I tracked him where he came from, and he cut from the cedar swap behind me, and was going into the spruce swamp in front of me. Just a fabulous buck, I love the colors of the antlers. After the harver, Ithanked the lord for the opportunity at such a prestine deer like always. It was also great tohave my grandpa, father, and brother in the woods with me to enjoy the buck and the entire experience! Couldn't have had a better day, or with better people

I guess once in awhile the fruits of scouting, hunting, and luck all come together!!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Fork Horn

That was a public land deer!!! Wow! Double congrats man!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Typical Buck

Great buck, Guess something got deleted?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking buck, congrats to you.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:32 AM

Man, you got lucky with that mark on your head! Hubby was sighting in the muzzie last year and the scope came clean off (obviously not tightened down enough) and clocked him a good one, right between the eyes, he should have had it stitched up, he's got a huge scar, DEEP, to this day... he's still a little gun shy at the range, his gushed forever... took him at least an hour to stop the bleeding completely!

Anyway, congrats on a beautiful deer, I love the contrasting colors on it's antlers as well, that is sweet... I want to move to Wisconsin! LOL
Old 12-01-2005, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Real Nice Jimmy! Congrat's!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:38 AM

man love those swampbucks, congrats thats a fine buck
Old 12-01-2005, 11:41 AM

Congrats - awesome looking deer!!
Old 12-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

WTG!!! Nice buck for sure!!

Quick Reply: Pics of my Northern Wisconsin 9pt. swamp buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.