Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 First recovery this year and it was on a young boys first buck. long story >

First recovery this year and it was on a young boys first buck. long story

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First recovery this year and it was on a young boys first buck. long story

Old 11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default First recovery this year and it was on a young boys first buck. long story

First off let me say congrats to Addison Strzalka from Tampa Florida. Addison was brought up to Georgia by his grandfather to hunt. He took a nice 8 pointer the hard way. Offically by the gps our tracking job took us over 2.02 miles. The deer was shoot around 9:00 amand I did not get to start tracking until 2:30 this afternoon. The guide at Flanders Farm had tracked the deer about 1/2 mile down into the woods to a dry creek channel. He thought he heard the deer moving out in front of him so they backed out, called me and waited. ( A long wait for young Addison) My tracking dog "Baby" worked out the marked line just perfectly. When we got to the end of the marked trail she just keep going down this drain for more than 1/4 mile before turning and coming out. She continued working across 2 creeks and several woods roads, a gas line and a fod plot. The guide was getting worried because the deer was heading to the property line were we would have to stop tracking. When the deer hit the road going down the property line he turned and went down it for about 150 yards before turning back into the property. It was really hard to determine were the deer was hit because we would have blood up high then only down low. Then it looked like it was on bothe sides of the trail. Since we had plenty of day light I decided we would just continue tracking until we either came up on the deer or ran out of light. The more we tracked the more obveous it was that this deer was hit in the leg. We just hoped to catch up to him in a clearing were another shot could be had. Then just as things looked up no blood for about 125 yards across some very dry broom straw. This was baffaling since he had been bleeding real good and we expected to dee some good sigh in th edry grass. But as soon as we got across we picked up a drop or 2 thenit start more frequently and was fresh. We eventually jumped the deer beded down and the guide was able to make the finishing shot. As you will see by the pictures this deer would have gone on for a long time before recovering or subcoming to infection with how he was hit in the leg. The only chance of recovery was how we did it by pushing until we caught up to him.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First recovery this year and it was on a young boys first buck. long story

another picture
Old 11-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First recovery this year and it was on a young boys first buck. long story

Congrat's to the guy from my home town!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Dominant Buck

yeah ..and 30 miles from me too here in Lakeland Florida
Old 11-30-2005, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you got him.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:11 AM

Congrats on a great looking buck!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOWWWWWWW GREAT buck ..thanks for sharing ... YOU DA MAN !

dd
Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice job.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:30 AM

thats great that you got him.thats a fine dog you have there.I took my dog on his first blood trail last Sat. and he found the deer for me.it was a short trail about 150 yards. and had only been less than 1/2 hr.

hope to keep him training this season.

his first

Old 11-30-2005, 03:26 PM

nice buck. that leg looks pretty torn up. nice job on your dog trailing it.

Quick Reply: First recovery this year and it was on a young boys first buck. long story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.