Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Unbelivable poaching story.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Unbelivable poaching story.

Well my uncle and his step son were out hunting, and a guy pulls up that they know. Gets out shoots a buck from the road off of another guys property RIGH INFRONT OF THEM!! They had the orange and stuff on them and everything. Well they call the game warden at 9:30 gets there at 4:30 IN THE AFTERNOON!. Well they tell the game warden what happens and he says they have had the SAME PROBLEM with the guy before, so they go back hunting. Well there little friend decides to stop by. Holds down the horn and they head up to the house and the guy gets out and go's well i just want to let you know they caught me took my gun and i got a 175 dollar fine. And is like im just trying to see who my friends are and my uncle who is HUGE has records at the high school for weight records and his arms are seriously the size of my legs, and starts gettin lippy with him. But my uncle tells him its not about friends its about safety and doing the right thing. But we think the game warden let him off the hook. Because if they have caught him before there not just gone fine him and take the gun. And we think they let him off because hes a retired HIGHWAY PATROL MAN. Well thats my little story. What do you all think.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:28 PM

Default RE: Unbelivable poaching story.

It's pretty sad that the guy needs to do that to find out who his "friends" are. He's a
poor excuse for a former law enforcement officer and sad mentor for younger hunters. I woulda taken his truck too.
Sounds like he needs a shot of estrogen to get him back down to earth. This kinda sheeite really pisses me off.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:34 PM

It sounds like to me the world would be alot betteroff if this idiot were to have his hunting license removed for life. If it washis second offenseit should be obvious the fool hasn't learned his lesson and probably never will.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

THANK YOU knemohunter thats what i said. and bdu33 it makes me mad to. Guess what he siad when my uncle said you cuold of hit us shooting. THe dude said well " I saw you there and i didnt hit you". The dumb#$% did it righ infont of my 14 year old cousin and his step dad (my uncle) I herd the shot i thought it was my cousin or uncle. But it was that guy, cause i asked them about it right before he was telling us. He told us when we were guttin his 8 point. It makes me really mad.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

This happend yesterday too. Opening day of Ohio deer gun season.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:39 PM

This is my last reply......
Call a different warden and ask what happened.
Maybe even ask for his supervisor and inquire why something wasn't done.
If that doesn't get you anywhere write your Director of Game and Fish...
not sure what his/her official title may be but it's worth trying. Errrrrr!
Old 11-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Poachers make me sick. What hunter would want a guy like that to be his friend. Arrowmaster
Old 11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm happy that both your uncle and his step son did the right thing. At least their are some who are positive role models for hunting.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maryland doubled the number of game wardens in the state this year and blatant poaching still happens all the time. Glad this one got caught, even if the penalty seems pretty light.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I justdont want the guy todo something to retaliate at them.

Quick Reply: Unbelivable poaching story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.