HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   hunting blinds (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/122990-hunting-blinds.html)

deerhunter1224 11-29-2005 02:59 PM

hunting blinds

Has anyone ever hunted from a hunting build I dont really see the point to them. Unless you are not in good shape to climb up in the tree. what are the pros over a blind compared to a tree stand.

Hawgnman 11-29-2005 03:33 PM

RE: hunting blinds

You can move without the deer seeing the movement. In cold, rainy, or snowy weather, you'll be a lot warmer.

You can take a child and talk quietly without spooking the deer. They have become accustomed to the box stand being there. When youare ina tree stand, it is different and sometimes the deer recognizethat something is odd and just slip away.

DannyD 11-29-2005 03:37 PM

Safer. I havn't fallen out of my blind yet

Warmer. They cut the wind down bigtime,

Comfortable. Bring any kind of chair you want, plus you can get up and stretch occasionally

Conceal movement.You can get ready for the shot, go to full draw etc without movement being detected

Introduce young hunter. The youth can make movements for now that would have got them busted in a tree stand.

Southern Buck 11-29-2005 04:32 PM

You can move without the deer seeing the movement. In cold, rainy, or snowy weather, you'll be a lot warmer.

You can take a child and talk quietly without spooking the deer. They have become accustomed to the box stand being there. When youare ina tree stand, it is different and sometimes the deer recognizethat something is odd and just slip away.

that was exactly what i was going to say.

bdu33 11-29-2005 04:32 PM

And one more reason is that there are no trees in the deserts of Wyoming;) It's just not about Whitetails you know;)

jimmy the foot 11-29-2005 06:21 PM

blinds are nice because they block the elements and keep your scent from flowing all over the place. you can set them up anywhere as long as you break up the outline with vegetation/brush or you give the animals a chance to get use to it ( maybe 3-5 days in the some spots). i have the ameristep outhouse set up 15 yards from a scrape in my food plots. it is surrounded by brush. the deer didn't even get spooked the first night they came by it. blinds are a nice change up if for some reason you don't want to climb a tree. i can't wait to use it next year for turkey season:)

TurkeyStalker 11-29-2005 07:38 PM

Ihave an Ameristep doghouse with TSC (total scent containment) I have not used it this year for deer hunting, used it to turkey hunt with my bow. It is awesome when it is raining out or cold. hides your movement,cuts the wind down.

Steve F.in MD 11-30-2005 03:35 AM

Ground blinds have made hunting with my kids, age 10 & 12,much more enjoyable for both of us. I don't have to keep nagging them to sit perfectly still so they have a better time hunting. Just get one that is bigger than you think you will need.

FlDeerman 11-30-2005 03:51 AM

Also it will allow me to take a 5 year old grand daughter on her first hunting trip.Yes it's also great for older hunters.

Tree climber 11-30-2005 05:16 AM

sounds like it has mostly be said. I have two pop up's and a couple permanent one's.