Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poll: Deer Hunting Capitol?

Old 12-05-2005, 09:23 AM

Default RE: Poll: Deer Hunting Capitol?

I hunt in Ottertail Co Minnesota. To me it the deer hunting capitol of the world. But I would guess that where the person hunts, to him or her that has to be the deer capitol of the world. There are factors to consider. Who you hunt and how much fun you have also. It isn't always how many deer or how many you shoot. To me it's just being in the great outdoors.

Hope the sun shines on your day and Big Eddy comes into your sights.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anywhere in Wisconsin!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd say Pennsylvania - more hunters/sq. mile there than anywhere else on the globe. While PA may not have the quality of deer that exist elsewhere, we do have more hunters. In that regard, I'd say that Pennsylvania is the Hunting Capital of the World.

PA sells just about 1 Million hunting licenses of the 16.5 Million sold across the country. That's quite amazing, when you consider that we do not boast many P&Y or B&C entries paired with the fact that we only offer4 big game species to hunt. We have almost no non-resident license sales.

I don't think you guys from elsewhere can even begin to comprehend what big business hunting is in Pennsylvania. Apparently, merchandisers have taken notice, because there are Cabelas and Gander Mountain Stores popping up at record pace - and all of them are constantly jammed with customers.

Just look at this board, look where the posters are from, and you'll see that Pennsylvanians are generally very active in the hunting community.

In the 1970's and 80's, Pennsylvania sold more hunting licenses than any other state in the Union. Not by a narrow margin, either. (1. PA (1.9 Million) 2. Texas (1.45 Million)).

In 2002, PA still led the pack, but only beat TX by 25,000.
http://www.iafwa-awds.com/LicenseSales/Annual_Trends/fy_2002_license_trends.htm

So, there you have it - Pennsylvania - the Hunting Capital of the World.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:56 PM

Not sure if this still stands, but I was told Buffalo County holds more record book
buck then any other county in any other state....
Old 12-06-2005, 07:08 AM

iowa. go hawks.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Sawer county WI is a public land hunters dream!!, few hunters, tons of land and big deer.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

There are so many places that I have not hunted yet that it is hard to answer but anywhere in south Texas would be hard to beat.

-john
Old 12-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer Hunting Capital of the World. It would depend on what requirements,factorsand items to consider. But anywhere in the Midwest though, would be the region, without a doubt. The far East and West Coast doesn't have the "Quality" when compared to the midwest. The North doesn't have theQuantity of people or deer, when compared to the Midwest. And whether you personally agree or not, the fact is that too many people (nationally) despise or don't not like the style of the hunting in the south, to make it nationally un-popular, when comparing it to the Midwest. Overall, I'd say the Midwest region wins hands-down when comparing it to other regions of North America, as being the deer hunting capital of the World. Just my 2 cents

Now when comparing which Midwest State is the Deer Capital, then that is not quite as easy!
Old 12-06-2005, 02:56 PM

i like wisconsin because here we have a lot less high fence whitetail hunts than texas, illinois, iowa...
Old 12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

While there are high fences here in Texas the vast majority of the places are low fence.....

-john

Quick Reply: Poll: Deer Hunting Capitol?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.