HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Where to look (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/122835-where-look.html)

Trout71 11-28-2005 05:08 PM

Where to look

Hey all I was wondering where my chances would be best this fridayI hunt a large wooded area with all types of terain the deer have already been pressured found them in a swamp Sat, but it was COLD as anything with lots of snow but now its going to be warm the rest of the week with rain the next 2 days nice thurs and cloudy with posable snow fri.what are the chances of them staying in the swamps or will they just plain leave and go else where like thick pines or something. because now they can graze again how ever not much for feilds here andnot much left for acorns and a couple bare corn feilds, this is my second year so any and all tips would be Great Thak You

Tut23 11-28-2005 05:13 PM

RE: Where to look

well im would suggest try and find were they are bedded at. they will not be moving much in the warm weather because they already have there winter coats and you would happen to be in michigan would you because we have the same weather forcast.

JagMagMan 11-28-2005 05:14 PM

Can't really say what your individual chances are! Chances for them moving between those weather fronts are good though!
One things for sure, your chances to get one will be better if you are hunting, than if your in front of the TV, and fireplace!:D
Good luck!

JagMagMan 11-28-2005 05:16 PM

BTW, welcome to the huntingnet boards,Trout 71!
Again, good luck!

Trout71 11-28-2005 05:28 PM

I am Hunting in CT, and I unfortunatly just can't atke the time to scout this week, beds vary day to day because we have a ton of coyotes here I know of 2 posable, Guess I could find the highest point I can find over lookihg pines and thicket or a good funnel next to a swamp

Murph999 11-28-2005 09:07 PM

i hunt in the catskills in new york, so i will pretty much have the exact same weather as u will and im doing a saturday sunday hunt. On friday the temp supposed to drop so they will be moving alittle bit more. When was the last time the land was hunted, if it was last weekend they may have settled down and be alittle bit more calm. In the mornings i would hunt just outside the bedding aread, with the fresh snow on the ground u will be able to see which bed they usiing more. In the afternoons, i hunt at the bottom of this slop that the sun hits and the deer go bed their in the sun to warm up. if there something like that where u hunt i would sit around that. Its really just bein in the right area at the same time, but atleast the temp will be colder and get the deer moving, goodlucj