HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Tragedy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/122810-tragedy.html)

timbercruiser 11-28-2005 01:43 PM

Tragedy

This morning on the news they had a story about a young hunter being shot and killed north of Panama City, Fl. It seems a group, family was hunting. A 13 year old shot a deer and he and his father and 10 year old brother started trailing the wounded deer. The deer jumped up and the 13 year old shot his brother in the back, killing him.

Deadeye777 11-28-2005 02:28 PM

RE: Tragedy

just goes to show the importance of advocating safe shooting techniques and also keeping in a safe area in comparison to the gunman. Sorry to hear this happened, i hope it makes other a bit more wary

Rebel Hog 11-28-2005 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Deadeye777

just goes to show the importance of advocating safe shooting techniques and also keeping in a safe area in comparison to the gunman. Sorry to hear this happened, i hope it makes other a bit more wary

10-4!

moosehunter21 11-28-2005 02:30 PM

That is why HUNTER EDUCATION is important for all new hunters to take and sucessfuly pass.

m.t.hands 11-28-2005 03:11 PM

man i don't know where this starts and where it ends, earlier this year two cousins that had hunted for year together here locally,one had shot (and killed)the other, well what do you do, what do you say, they should have known for sure, but how do you in-grain the importance that once a bullet leaves the barrel it cannot be brought back, i am really saddened by this story, because every hunter ed. class i have ever been in one of the first things mentioned is to be sure of your target. ladies and gentleman, please don't just send your children into the great outdoors thinking that they understand the importance of knowing what there target is and what is beyond it, make sure they understand this is a no return type situation, for their sake and yours, no ones life (dead or alive) needs to be ruined by a game animal....

manuman 11-28-2005 03:53 PM

I don't feel the need to lecture over this one, just am absolutely gutted that this could have to happen--I have a 13 year old son. It is awful to think what he is going through!!

SKIDMARK 11-28-2005 04:14 PM

A total tragedy but it's goes to show you that a 10 year old has no business handling a weapon, expecially a loaded one,unless under close supervision.

DoctorDeath 11-28-2005 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: SKIDMARK

A total tragedy but it's goes to show you that a 10 year old has no business handling a weapon, expecially a loaded one,unless under close supervision.
AMEN Skidmark ...just common sence !

dd

retrieverman 11-28-2005 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: SKIDMARK

This is a typical forum statement.THE 10 YEAR OLD WAS NOT THE ONE WITH THE GUN.

Rebel Hog 11-28-2005 04:35 PM

Delete