Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tragedy

Old 11-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tragedy

I hate to here this, it is a tragedy! A tragedy to the sport, to guns, and most importantly, to the family, and friends of this young person!
We do need to educate, and we need people to be more responsible, especially with their children!
Remember though, accidents DO happen! Many can be prevented, wether it be with guns, cars, boats, or whatever! It only takes a split second, to cancel out a lifetime of safe practices!
Sadly, there are those who would profit from such tragedies, suing gun makers, and people involved in the accidents! (don't get me wrong, negligence needs to be punished!) Also, some oftheanti's that must really be happydeep down when these tragedies strike, so they can claim another "statistic" against guns, and hunters!
Again this, as any otherdeath is truely sad, and my heart goes out to the families involved!
Be careful out there!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Follow up, the news now says the 10 year old shot his 13 year old brother. All in the hunting group had orange on and were hunting on state land.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:24 PM

I could not think how that kid and father feels. All I want to know is why was the safety not on and the why was the gun still loaded. Most parents that I know with kids that hunt will have them unload the gun when ever they take the gun out of the area that they are setup in.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:29 PM

This is one of the reasons you have to be careful on public land. I wont hunt in an area i know has hunters in it. Terrible tragedy why did he shoot if there was someone in front of him.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:02 AM
Fork Horn

This story is a fathers greatest tragedy. Loss of a child. I would never be the same. We all should mourn the loss of three fellowhunters not just one. The father and the 10 year old son will probably never hunt again. Clearly a great loss all the way around. Patience is the hardest thing to teach young kids when hunting. Everything probably happened very quickly.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:24 AM

Amen--DOUBLE-LUNG.
I have an 11 yr old that went out this year with me. First time w/gun. Ijust couldnt imagine.... That suks. Wish them all well.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I won't go into this. I will pray for them all and hope the rest of you will, too.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:17 PM

That situation is dangerous to begin with even if they all were adults! We should all learn from this. I learned toshoot from dove hunting, I remember when I was about twelve my friend's dad let him use a 1100, 12 ga., semi-auto! When a flight came in it went off when he picked it up leaving a one foot hole in the ground right next to my knee. Regardless of what they were using it doesn't matter, my condolance goes out to the family!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:19 PM

May the Good Lord send his love down, bless the family and the dead youngster.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Ohio a 12 year old boy shot his brother. He might still be alive i dont know the full story.

Quick Reply: Tragedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.