Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 neighbors dog and my deer: story >

neighbors dog and my deer: story

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

neighbors dog and my deer: story

Old 11-27-2005, 08:54 PM

Default RE: neighbors dog and my deer: story

First you say you have a behaved nieghborhood and shouldnt have to worry. Then you say that this dog is the worst, you have had it in your yard and poop, etc etc. I would say youhad a lapse in judgement, and the dog is not to blame. The blame is on both you and the dog owner. Yes, I agree with you, the damn thing shouldnt be in your yard, and that would p*ss me off too. Yes, I would go to the owner and speak your peace. Just be ready to be asked by the owner how youll prove it was their dog. Now you know why theres a phrase called "HANG EM HIGH" Clint Eastwood was a deerhunter too...
Old 11-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

DOGS......
Well you learned your lesson there dude.......
Look at yourself and don't point fingers.....
But your not the only one its happened to.. Chalk to learning experience and make it the last time.....

My son left his X-Box out the other night...and one of my dogs
chewed the joystick and the cord.....Destroying them....
Hey..He waswarned numerous times to put it away on several ocassions
by his mom and I, but ,Still I feel bad for him.....I'll let him suffer till tomorrow and purchase another...

My brother left his Brand new Binos(first trip he used them on)in the truck earlier this year,and the Dogs chewed on the armour coating right down to the metal/glass.... around both objective lenses...
Luckily the Credit Card holds a 3 month warrenty,(cause these wern't Leupold or Swaros etc.).
They where the Pentax SP's and Pentax wouldn't warranty them..
The card however, holdsaLoss, Stolen Damaged ,Warranty,and the Credit Card Company will cover the repair cost.....

Old 11-27-2005, 09:00 PM

Dogs are just like kids,if you want it keep it away from them.I had a buddy lose a set of horn from a buck he shot to his neighbors dog.He never did find them.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:02 PM

It's too bad -but like people said, you gotta be smarter than the dog! The dog really couldn't help himself. It's totally the dog's owner's fault, with a little fault of your own for not keeping it out of the dog's reach.

But you should either complain to the dog's owners (nicely if you want to stay good neighbors) or quit yer whinin' . Seriously, if this dog is causing you problems, you need to tell the owners and they need to keep their dog under control. They need to know it is causing problems. If they aren't willing to work to solve the problem, I'd call animal control.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:29 AM
Fork Horn

I have had the same thing happen to a buck hanging in my backyard. Only my problem was (my wifes)cats.I hung the deer atleast three feet above ground. The darn cat must have jumped up to the deer. I came out to start quartering the next morning and the cat was sitting in the rib cage eating away!! Bye Bye hind quarter!! I solved the problem by wrapping a old sheet around the hanging deer.Not an issue any longer. Your problem is not going to go away. I would baite the dog. Leave some Bones or Legs out in your yard. I'm sure the dog in question will want to take them home. Then have a talk with your neighbor!! Easiest way to prove your point!!