HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   My bucks at the taxidermist (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/122709-my-bucks-taxidermist.html)

Finch 11-27-2005 06:35 PM

My bucks at the taxidermist

Well I dropped my buck off at the taxidermist this morning. I had previously taken it to another one but changed my mind. The first guy I took it to was probably not a good choice. He did not have any bucks in his shop at all. He told me to check out his displays at walmart. I did, and I was not pleased. The hair was roughed up looking and was not trimmed where the body goes against the board. So I rescued my buck the other day and looked into this other guy who does a GREAT job. I have enclosed some pics of my buck and some of the new tax. work.

Tell me what you think my buck scores. I did the scoring system on this site and got about 115" (first time I scored one but Im sure I did it right). Today the guy said he would be about 160's in the Virginia scoring system. What do yall think?

The tax. told me I should get a left turn since one side of the antlers is higher than the other.

Finch 11-27-2005 06:37 PM

RE: My bucks at the taxidermist

his deer mounts...mine will be like the one with the plaque.

Finch 11-27-2005 06:38 PM

one more

DoctorDeath 11-27-2005 06:41 PM

Well its a very nice buck ...and you get what you pay for in a mount beleive me ...as for score I am no expert as scores mean very little after the buck is on the ground ...no matter what he scores hes yours ...however I do not see 160 ... but I could be wrong.

DD

Finch 11-27-2005 06:47 PM

From what I have picked up off this site I wouldnt think he would be that much either. Is a state scroing system that different than the one one this site?

whitetailblaster 11-27-2005 06:50 PM

That's a very nice buck! How was the buck fever?

Finch 11-28-2005 05:44 AM

ORIGINAL: whitetailblaster

That's a very nice buck! How was the buck fever?
It wasnt really that bad. After the shot was the worst feeling. I thought I hit him farther back than I did. I was praying non stop for him to be laying dead when I got to him. He was.:D:D:D

Kyle Colburn 11-28-2005 05:50 AM

i dont think that he would really be more than 150 but im not an expert. me and my dad just took both of our gun season buck in to get them mounted. the guy we have is an excellent world class taxidermist. i cant wiat to get him back in a couple of years. hopefully by then i have a nice bow kill buck in there too (:

krub6b 11-28-2005 08:21 AM

beautiful deer but it dosen't look like 160" to me.

Rebel Hog 11-28-2005 08:31 AM

Good Job! Congrat's!