Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

my biggest yet!!!! md buck

Old 11-27-2005, 06:01 PM

Default my biggest yet!!!! md buck

took this nice 8 pt. on sat opener at 6:40 am. 18 in inside spread and dressed 140 lbs. this is my best so far and very happy. took him with my 20 ga. ultra slugger at 25 yds. he was really wheezing and grunting coming up through the woods. i was ready before he even stepped out into the field. he ran 70 yds and dropped . was even lucky enough to be able to drive the truck right where he lay no dragging involved. my boy was with me and in the pics he`s not to happy because while i ran home to get the camera he missed a bigger one than this. he thought it was closer than it was and he undershot it. he`s young yet and i told him missing builds character and expirience. with my kids hunting is a team effort and they were as excited as i was and here they are

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/804/img51939vp.jpg

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/6959/img51854sb.jpg

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/726/img51952rz.jpg
Old 11-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: my biggest yet!!!! md buck

Way to go Ductman, Congrat's!
Great pictures, thanks for sharing!
Old 11-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go!!!!!! Congrats! Sounds like you have a great hunting buddy for life!
Old 11-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good looking kids you got there and a fine Md buck.Congratulations. Whereabouts you get him?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

GREAT job Ductman ...super buck ... YOU DA MAN !!

dd
Old 11-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

congrates on the harvest bro!
Old 11-27-2005, 06:26 PM

i shot him in harford county. the place i hunt is a little 20 acre mixed woods and field owned by some good friends of mine. the maryland / penn state line runs about 250 yds from where my stand is. its convenient when both states deer seasons are in since i have license for both. as far as the boy he killed 3 deer last year but he wants a buck real bad and he said the one he missed was bigger than mine so i could see why he was upset but he got over it pretty fast. he left this evening with his grandpop to hunt in the mountains as the pa opener is in tommorow. hoping he does well up there gonna miss not hunting with him tomm.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:06 PM

Nice buck! Maryland eh? Thats where I live. I live in Caroline County, I hunt there too but I also belong to a hunting club in dorchester county. Maryland has some good farms but the genes ain't always great.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!! Thats a great buck!

--Just remind your son that he should be happy that he is able to hunt and even have a chance at big bucks like that at such a young age. I've yet to see a buck even close to that caliber while I've been hunting!

Congrats again!
Old 11-27-2005, 08:08 PM

the bad part is we have to hunt maryland to see bucks like that. iv hunted pa most of my adult life and to see bucks this caliber are rare. at least its only a 10 minute drive to maryland to hunt but its hard to find places that arent leased or posted

Quick Reply: my biggest yet!!!! md buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.