Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 anyone ever had anything stolen >

anyone ever had anything stolen

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anyone ever had anything stolen

Old 11-26-2005, 01:36 PM

Default anyone ever had anything stolen

Anyone ever had their stand stolen? What did you do? How did you handle it? did you ever find out who might have taken it?

I use a couple of gorilla stands and I just use climing gaffs to get to them. I put one up so high that I am exicted to go hunting on one hand but scared to go on the other hand.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone ever had anything stolen

Nope never had that problem in fact I've had hunters come up to me and ask if I I lost or forgot a pair of Binos and a Camera that were found
on a stump..
They eventually walk back to the stump where the belongings were left with a piece of cardbord from a box telling the writeful owner,
that his belongings are in safe hands,along with a phone no and address.....

Old 11-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I borrowed a ladder stand to a friend, it got stolen from his property. Never found out who did it. It bites. I have always found others stands on public ground, and respectfully left them alone. Too bad there is a few hunters out there with no scruples.[:@]
Old 11-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never had anything stolen. Was walking around the property we were hunting and like on it but on a fence line on property we arnt allowed there was a stand and i climbed up it and sat on it for like 3 seconds. That was the first time i was ever in a stand. I was young and it was kinda cool.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah, My first year hunting in Florida we got ripped.My friend and I laid our guns down to put up 2 ladder stands. We were in the middle of thick stuff off the. beatin path.His brand new Winchester shotgun was stolen. The gamewarden said it was the 3rd one that day.
Sad ..real sad.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had a feeder stolen, and my buddy lost a good deer stand, a few years ago!
There was not much you could do about it but be ticked off! It could have been stolen the day before, or acouple of weeks earlier.
We lost a good deer lease this year! Not only was it a great lease, we NEVER had anything come up missing!
Old 11-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Hog dogs in north FL.! The guys that were doing it got caught. It was two guys from Georgia in a van going around just stealing dogs.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friend and I laid our guns down to put up 2 ladder stands. We were in the middle of thick stuff off the. beatin path.His brand new Winchester shotgun was stolen. The gamewarden said it was the 3rd one that day.
Sad ..real sad.
They took his and not yours? Are u sure he didnt misplace it?
Old 11-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah...For about 20 minutes he thought I was playing a joke on him. I was surprized because it was thick and off the beatin trail. No.. we were 30 miles from home and we went back home with one gun less. His was brand new from Walmart. Mine was a 225 Savage with a scope. Ammo was hard to find for it so I sold it. It shot awesome groups. Wished I had it now. We needed the money back then.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

O that sucks, Surprising they didnt take yours too.

Quick Reply: anyone ever had anything stolen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.