Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Country or Redneck ???

Old 11-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Country or Redneck ???

Can someone please tell me the differnece between someone being country or Redneck. I just got back from Missouri. I stayed with Strut and his wife to go deer hunting. These folks seriously live miles away from any 'normal town.' They showed me the best hospitality tha tI've ever been shown. They were great folks. I met many of their friends. Sure...scruffy beards and coveralls but the same..down to earth very sweet folks. I would call these folks country folks.

NOw back in Florida. The following I would call rednecks. I was hunting in a WMA the Green Swamp yesterday. They have back roads in there which are off limits to vehicles. I got up very early to hike that back road and then dangerously went wading through a bayhead to get into my locked up Summit. Just before daylight here comes a truck on the off limit road...stops and shoots. Does he score? I don't know but he blew my cover. I soon leave. There goes a red Ford truck with the driver having his rifle out the window going about 5 MPH. Would these be rednecks ? Wouldn't those guys on Deliverance be Rednecks?

So is there a difference between Country folk and Rednecks?
Old 11-26-2005, 06:08 AM
Spike

Default RE: Country or Redneck ???

I think most times redneck is meant as a put down. Most folks need a label to look down on or feel supriour to other folks. A lot of ignorant folks put down country folks and label them as backward, inbred and stupid. The "Blue Collor Tour" with Foxworthy and the other "entertainers" have done much to further the myth.
Slob hunters that shoot from trucks are just that. Low life slobs! You can label them as red necks or most anything you like but please don't call them country. The country folk I know are hard working, decent folk. Most of them shun big city life by choice. Most of us don't want to live in a concrete fortress with dozens of locks on the doors. We like knowing our neibours and being able to trust people in our small towns.
Of course this is the opinion of a small town country boy
Old 11-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Dominant Buck

"You can label them as red necks or most anything you like but please don't call them country."Skeeze

I wouldn't dare do that. I love country folks but I'm not to fond the others who give country living and hunting a bad name. There is a difference. I was raised country / hicky but because of my job I am in a concrete jungle of 100,000. But I'm still as country as it gets. I fish and hunt about every weekend. We have well over 100 WMAs in our state and I'm getting to know them pretty good. When I retire I will be heading back to the country. My family hates the city but we love the pay.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have lived in Alabama for 45 years and Im as country as a Butter Bean sandwhich ... beleive me There is a difference between country and redneck .... country people are the salt of the earth ...honest ..hard working ..and good neighbors ...MOST Rednecks (as defined these days)on the other hand areeeeee......YOU fill in the blanks!

dd
Old 11-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Spike

Chuck, I didn't mean you, just folks in general. A lot of us "country" folks get tired of the redneck jokes. You know, you might be a redneck if......
We don't date cousins no more or less than anyone else. We're not "slack jawed yokels" that make moonshine and shoot at the "revernoors" , no one I know looks or acts like those folks in Deliverance. Not that there are not some in the country and woods but it goes on in all parts of the country.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Chuck, most rednecks meet thier girlfriends at a family reunion and most country boys find them at church!

Not all Rednecks are Trailer Trash, you have many City Slickers that are Trailer Trash also.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes theres a big difference between country people, and rednecks!
Country folks do have class, rednecks don't!
I believe that the word for the people that you ran across, is "poachers!"
Old 11-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Yes theres a big difference between country people, and rednecks!
Country folks do have class, rednecks don't!
I believe that the word for the people that you ran across, is "poachers!"

WOW, I`m a redneck so I guess I have no class.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

anyone south of new york border is a red neck.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Slob hunters that shoot from trucks are just that. Low life slobs!
A real red neck wouldn't do this.

You can label them as red necks or most anything you like but please don't call them country.
Don't call this kind of slob a red neck.

A red neck is a person that works for a living.
An honest hard working person.

Just a little different from others.

If it came down to it I would rather have red necks and
Good ole country boys on my side any day of the week.

After all they are the back bone of this contry.

People that shoot deer from there window while hunting
are not red necks.
There poachers.

JMHO

Quick Reply: Country or Redneck ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.