Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 12-08-2005, 08:59 PM

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

Hmmmmmmmmm help me out here. 35 pages later this is gonna breakdown into a class warfare topic???

Maybe I can be a redneck too? I drive a 4x4 (Z71 Avalanche) but if it makes some feel any better I had a few "toys"over the yearsthat I suspect could be similar too a "jacked up yota". Does a F350 (single wheel) "skied" atop 40" Superswampers classify? It rode like crap, got 5 mpg but SON it was fun and no one DARED get in my way!Or my Suburban that was on 35" Mickey Thompsons that were 15" wide and had enough lights all the way around that I was mistaken for Ohare Airport a few times? It was actually nicknamed "Da Beast" by friends so I had that put on the bugshield. Oh yeah and I almost forgot, it had Advantage Timber on the rocker panels and the seats and woodtrim inside were Advantage as well.I have a few pieces of Carhart,Wallsclothing and a few Remington and Savage guns in my collection and even an ol Tasco lyin around somewhere. So does that give me enough "neckness"?

On the other hand perhaps I could be a yuppie? I once had a Lotus Espirit Turbo, isn't an English "exotic" considered the pre-eminent yuppie symbol? (I promise I NEVER drove it to play golf... the damn clubs wouldn't fit in it!) But I am here to tell you that thing would run circles around my last 'vette (2k ragtop) and GOD how it handled. I DO prefer clothing from Columbia or Beretta and the favorite rifles in my collection are Sakos and Weatherbys (with Swarovski's and Zeiss' of course). So does that give me enough "Biffness"?

I really could careless about ANY "group" becauseI don't feel the need to "belong". I do my thing and that's that. I have friends that run the gamut. I just see something as simple as "public display" affecting ALL of us, you, me and everyone else who cares anything about deer hunting. But after 35 pages I can see the same thing I saw after the first 10 replies, the same ones causing us the problems today are the same ones causing us the problems well after this topic is locked and gone!

So be it... now where did I put the Speaker of The House's phone number???
RA
Old 12-08-2005, 10:09 PM

i dont care what they think about hunting. i like hunting and their opinion will not change what i do.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion would be that a person who doesnt belong to the "anti hunters" or the "hunters" group, probably dont care all that much wether they see a dead deer or not. If they really had a problem with it, they wouldnt be in that neutral group, they would probably be an anti hunter. The day we start giving in to the antis will be a very very bad day. Animals die, it's a fact of life, i think most reasonable folks understand that and so i dont think that for these people seeing a dead deer is that big a deal for them. The people who have a problem with it are the people who cant accept the fact that animals die and that people like us would kill these creatures. These people are going to dislike hunters REGARDLESS of wether or not they ever see a dead deer in the back of a truck.

When i was a young kid, i LOVED seeing a big buck in the back of a truck. It is what got me interested in the sport, knowing that i could possibly kill an animal like that. To this day i drive by the regular check in station after every opening morning hunt just so i can see all the big bucks. I know a lot of non hunters who do it too. What are check in stations supposed to do, move their shop to a place where there arent any roads? Our sport shop that does the checking in here is along a heavily used street, they come out and look at the deer and weigh it for you. The public can see it as they drive by, maybe we should quit checking deer in as well? As long as it is done with some class, there is no problem with it. Put the tounge in the mouth, wash up as much blood as you can, etc. The Antis would be throwing one hell of a party if this ever got passed as law, any thing taken away from a hunter is a win for them.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

My end gate, bumper and license plate still have blood on them from hunting season which closed last saturday. However it has been bitterly cold and my garage is not parking worthy as I am finishing up the last of the game butchering I do. So I am not doing it to show off like look at me "I am a man" but rather a requirement of the times. I certainly don't drop my end gate but again out of requirement we have had capes/antlers on trailers or atvs while transporting from camp to home as the tow vehicle is filled with gear and/or the precious meat we have harvested. I have seen deer tied to roof racks but on an SUV, Car, Stationwagon I view this as a requirements as well. I would never consider cruising main with my "Trophy" in full view, that is cheesy IMHO. I will also never cover up that I hunt or have successfully harvested an animal...if blood is on my rig or driveways it stays their till it can be dealt with. I am not ashamed I hunt and really don't care what others think of me for hunting. I agree promoting a sour taste is not a good idea but really anti's will frown if you have a camo hat or in our area wearing blaze orange! So what am I really hiding by going out of my way to ensure I have no evidence of a kill???

Personally I am sick of worry about what THEY think, they certainly don't care what I think of their views or life choices. I don'tparticular agree withgay relationships but yet I am forced to watch them publicly fondle each other like school childern at their first dance and sit by as that is PC thing to do. Please don't take this last statement as hate chat, I don't hate anyone and accept their choices I just don't feel I should have it rammed down my throat then have to turn and worry about how I conduct my life. Basically to each their own...live and let live.

BTW, I have all my teeth, never played the bango or owned alifted pick me up If getting blood on my truck, hands or clothes makes me a redneck I am guilty but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Best of luck in your endeavours though!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 06:26 AM

Just more CENSORSHIP BS.Everywhere you look someone is trying to ban or stop something they don't like or approve of.Next thing you know you'll have to ask the butcher if you can take a look at his steaks.All the 911 stuff that went on and the wars in Irac got censored because people couldn't handle it. Every one wants to believe they live in some kind of fantisy world where nothing dies unless it's from "natural causes".I got news for you,hunting is as natural as gets!If you mind your own business you won't be minding mine.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:41 AM

My local paper puts the successful deer hunters and their dead deer in the paper on theFRONT PAGEfrom the first day of buck to share with the residents of the city.Even had some with their tongues hanging out.(the deers not the hunters)Yes,it's a city paper to..And haven't had one complaint about it in 30+years.I think if someone would of complained about it,The city and paper would tell them to move or don't buy the paper.A redneck city I live in.Well the outskirts of it anyway,But I still havethe city address also.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Red, you have made it very clear to me that your biggest problem is with "Rednecks". Did you get get beat up by a Redneck?Does aRedneck come visit your wife while you are at work? Did you get weggies and swirlies from Rednecks in High School? You seem to be a bit bitter. Why is that?

Your sterotypical responses are hilarious! I am a professional and work in very professional setting. I am a college grad, own my own home (not on wheels), I would consider myself successful considering where I came from.
I don't own high end "gear" because I see no point in it. I have never been one to "pay for the name" on my scope, gun, or clothing. I get better than average results out the cheaper stuff and I can put back the extra money for my church or for my daughter's future. I have never owned a sports car or an enormous SUV. It seems pointless to me.

Part or your argument is "why do(insert colorful adjectives)Rednecks have to show off a deer......is itto prove themselves as a great white hunter to others? Maybe, I can't answer that.

My question to you sir is: Why do you and people like Quick Silver insist on buying high end gear, cars, and clothing? Are you also trying to impress or prove something to someone? Perhaps yourself? Your buddies? Your neighbors?

Your argument and reasons for are simply laughable! I have met a lot of people like you in my life and usually I have no problems getting along with anyone. I have however found that your mentality is usually a result of you "trying to keep up with the Jones's" or beacuse you wife has your man parts in a mason jar under the kitchen sink!

Do us a favor Red, QuickSilver and anyone else for that matter. Live in your world and let others live as they wish.Leave legislation to the anti'sand leave the hunting to us.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

Your sterotypical responses are hilarious! I am a professional and work in very professional seting. I am a college grad, own my own home (not on wheels), I would consider myself successful considering where I came from.

WOW what the HECK is THAT supposed to mean NOT on wheels???

dd

Old 12-09-2005, 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

This has been a sore spot with me for ALOOOOOONG time and I am about to get too the point where I might take on an endeavor to try and do something about it. What is the majority of you hunters view on the issue of dead deer being displayed in public?

I am considering taking on the daunting task (or at least planting the political seeds) of getting legistlation passed in Tennessee that would outlaw the public display of any animals taken while hunting.
Always some left winged nut job trying to ban something else.

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

It just urks me too no end when I see some REDNECK, backwoods, toothless, banjo pickin inbred rolling down the road when I see the deer tied on the hood, atop the roof or strapped too a trailer or atop an ATC which is riding along behind the tow vehicle.

I dont have a truck, I drive a BMW. I also dont play the banjo (but I think it's a cool instrument you should by an album or two from Bela Fleck and the Fleck tones. It just might open an otherwise closed mind), I also have all my teeth and my parents were born in seperate countries. But what am I suppoed to do? Prop him up in my passenger seat with a cigarette in his mouth?

Old 12-09-2005, 12:29 PM

Blah Blah Blah Balh Bhla Bahl Alhb Lbah...................

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.