Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 12-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

In general I think we are better off not to display our kills to the general public.There is no upside.Not to be jerk but if you need that kind of ego boost you havn't killed enough deer.You can share your buck with family and friends,and those others who opinions matter to you.I would suggest that the only person who needs to be pleased with your animal is yourself!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:58 PM

Never have never will. Just the way I was raised. Thats just me....
Here in the early season my game is usually wrapped in a tarp with the cavity
full of bagged ice. If you think you have to let everyone see your dead game
then thats your choice. What a country!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I may not agree with reds redneck remarks but there is some thruth to how public displaying of animals may hurt our cause more than help us. I am proud in what I do as a hunter and I'll let people know how I feel about being a hunter, but I also respect others who may not be as well educated as why we hunt. When you put that camoflage clothing on, your representing all of us hunters and the way you act will reflect on our sport. Just show a little respect.

Bobby
Old 12-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

AJ,

Great points. Your example though focuses on a community where this kind of display is accepted, if not encouraged. In that example, I agree so what. The difference seems to be though in that example, you have a clear understanding of the audience and how they think.

What about the communities where it is not acceptable? Or even better, and more realistic, the communities where we have no idea whether it is acceptable or not.

Cheers,
Old 12-06-2005, 08:14 AM

Haven't we exhausted this topic by now?
...put deer in truck, put deer on truck, wrap deer up, drag deer behind truck, catipult deer home without use of truck, mercy flight deer home...who cares! You shot a deer, good job, take the damn thing home however you want for cripe sakes!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep

Old 12-06-2005, 09:22 AM

After reading the posts again,I came to the conclusion of the people who hide their deer and try to get off the main roads as fast as possible are actually ashamed of what they have done.They feel guilty and are trying to hide the facts of what they done allready.They are ashamed of what society would think of them to see them with a dead deer.Deny it if you want but that is the truth.You are ashamed and guilty of killing a animal and afraid of disapproval from the public views. Period. It's not about the blood and tongue hanging out.It's about your own guilt of what you have done and what people think of you.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:32 AM

I think were fighting a losing battle dd.

Ok I'll stop posting now, and stop bringing the topic back to the top.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I promised myself I would not re-visit this topic..........[&o]

RedAllison. What can I say? You sir have a pretty poor image/outlook on those that are perhaps less fortunate than you. If it makes you feel better to put them down and laugh at the lives they live, I really feel sorry for you.

NY....I appologize for the personal attacks on you. They were out of line and uncalled for. Although I disagree with the way you do it and your reasons, it does not make you wrong and me right. Agree to Disagree?

Back to RedAllison. The problem I have with you is althoughyou think it should be one way and I think it should be another, you suggest that a law be made to support your opinion. That is where I have the biggest problem. Do what you like how you like it, but don't let your biased, sterotypical opinions effect what I or anyone else does when it's legal/ethical and practiced all over the country.

Agree to disagree seems to not be an option with you. You MUST have it your way I guess...........
Old 12-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's about your own guilt of what you have done and what people think of you.
LMBOROTF

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.