Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 12-04-2005, 07:55 AM

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

The only way one should find it offensive is if the deer is tied to a bumper and being drug down the road. Lets get real here. How many deer have you seen half guttedand their eyes or brains hanging out from a head shot? And it's not like people have to see these dead animals every day as they drive. Only a few weeks out of the year and I doubt that it would be every dayfor them to see one during the few weeks of hunting.If you feel offended by a deer strapped to the car or in the back of the truck. Turn your ***** head and don't look at.It's not goanna drill a permanent image in your **** brain is it. No need to get on your knees to ******** I will climb a few steps on a ladder to make it easier for you.

Need to Lighten up on the Language
Old 12-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I had one hanging from mione too.
Chuck7
Talking about a squirrel tail
Old 12-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Dominant Buck

NY, this is what I posted just a few back!

I go along with the fact that in some towns it might be offensive to display your deer thru town and respect that! What I don't think is right is for anyone to have to say this: "It just urks me too no end when I see some REDNECK, backwoods, toothless, banjo pickin inbred rolling down the road in his jackedup 4x4."
There's more Rednecks and poverty in TN than any other state.
I go to N.E.TN. twice a year and would'nt trade them folk for anycity slicker. They are truly good God fearing folk and woulddo anything for you!

Everyone is intitled to his opinion and this isyours.For an indiviual from TN to put down his own kind, when there is more Proud Rednecks in that state than any other state, it's more than an insult!! My wife and family are from the NC and TN border and I take it as an insult, today, tomorrow and forever!!!

Ahhhhh, but it's alright for him to start it? Ifhe would have left the Redneck put down and grose insults of Redneck familiesout ofthis thread, it would have maybe been different!

God forbid he ever lands in a TN jail or prison with his attitude against his own kind, cause he would be a dead man walking!!!

Old 12-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

NY, this is what I posted just a few back!

I go along with the fact that in some towns it might be offensive to display your deer thru town and respect that! What I don't think is right is for anyone to have to say this: "It just urks me too no end when I see some REDNECK, backwoods, toothless, banjo pickin inbred rolling down the road in his jackedup 4x4."
There's more Rednecks and poverty in TN than any other state.
I go to N.E.TN. twice a year and would'nt trade them folk for anycity slicker. They are truly good God fearing folk and woulddo anything for you!

Everyone is intitled to his opinion and this isyours.For an indiviual from TN to put down his own kind, when there is more Proud Rednecks in that state than any other state, it's more than an insult!! My wife and family are from the NC and TN border and I take it as an insult, today, tomorrow and forever!!!

Rebel Hog , you seem to be a man`s man. I will go as far as saying I agree with 95% of what you say. I`m sure I haven`t heard it all. In May when I`m in Florida I hope I can meet good folk like you.

Old 12-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

What I don't think is right is for anyone to have to say this: "It just urks me too no end when I see some REDNECK, backwoods, toothless, banjo pickin inbred rolling down the road in his jackedup 4x4."
I couldn't agree with you more.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

NY B
I don't think anyone here is suggesting that you strap deer to roof,use a megaphone,put add in paper or any other extreme measure to announce who you are,what your doing or what animal your transporting.There should be NO need to hide it or legislation to force you to hide it.
We have enough laws out there to protect the tree huggers.

What some here inc myself are saying is,use your head on where and how you transport your harvest and the hek with what some ANTI might think or say.Personally - I wouldn't drive down main street in my little town to show off an exposed deer unless maybe it was the state record

Transporting exposed game animals WILL not cause the demise of hunting.

If you think your animal shouldn't under any circumstance be exposed for public view than hide it,cover it,slam the t-gate. Do what you gotta do to feel good.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:57 AM

I am goanna put a wig and lipstick on mine and say its madonna if I ever get another deer and enter it into the redneck dress your dead deer up like a celebrity contest.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: AJ52

NY B
I don't think anyone here is suggesting that you strap deer to roof,use a megaphone,put add in paper or any other extreme measure to announce who you are,what your doing or what animal your transporting.There should be NO need to hide it or legislation to force you to hide it.
We have enough laws out there to protect the tree huggers.

What some here inc myself are saying is,use your head on where and how you transport your harvest and the hek with what some ANTI might think or say.Personally - I wouldn't drive down main street in my little town to show off an exposed deer unless maybe it was the state record

Transporting exposed game animals WILL not cause the demise of hunting.

If you think your animal shouldn't under any circumstance be exposed for public view than hide it,cover it,slam the t-gate. Do what you gotta do to feel good.

AJ, thank you!!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find it highly respectful to those around you, as well as toyour downed quarry, to quickly load it into your vehicle, and take it home for processing. Red Allison's right - there's no need to turn the stomachs of dozens, just to gloat about your kill. Most people don't hunt, and dead animals aren't exactly "sightly."

When I take a game animal of any kind, I drag it to my car, load it into the trunk, and proceed home without fanfare, without showing it off, and try to do so as quickly and with as much decency as possible.

When I bag a trophy that I'd like to show off to my friends/family, I properly hang same in my enclosed garage, out of the public eye. There's simplyno need tohang it from a tree in the front yard.

I look at it like this: Certain things can deeply offend certain individuals. To get an accurate introspective, you must look at things conversely, from the other side of the fence.

Let's say, hypothetically, that you are deeply offended by public displays of homosexual affection. You can then appreciate the fact that gay men engage in such affectionate encounters "behind closed doors," right? The same applies here. Have some respect for non-hunters and kids, and keep your bloody carcasses under wraps. Close you tailgate. Put your deer in the trunk. Just think about other people.

I don't know about passing a law, but I do encourage others to go the extra mile and have some respect and regard for their fellow countrymen.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doe season opens Sat.I guess I should take the net off and put the t-gate back on truck because I would never ever want to expose a deer to public view that I may harvest that day.Give me a break [:'(]

I guess all the guys that have hitch mounted decks should take em off or make sure they cover the animal before transport on public roadways. I'm sure after reading this thread every one of them will take it off or buy a custom fitted deer tarp - Yea Sure

Again - I'm not saying you should drive down main street on a Sat morning to show off your deer. BUT - in some or many areas of this country that is perfectly exceptable and probably the highlight of the day for many to see how many deer come thru town on a Sat morn - So What - Big Deal

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.