Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 11-26-2005, 06:02 PM

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

Where I live, until this year, most of the deer check stations were in the heart of many smaller towns. You never hear complaints. The local paper usually runs a human interest picture just like those you see posted here.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, dead deer in public view. It's more natural. We need to stop shielding people from reality.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Ha, I left my gate down this year when I got a small 8 a couple weeks ago. Its almost
tradition here. Everybody does it.
Although I wouldnt parade around a bigger town with it on display.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Southern Buck
It just urks me too no end when I see some REDNECK, backwoods, toothless, banjo pickin inbred.

about this , you have know right to go calling other hunters any names. thats one thing i cant stand is fora hunter to call another hunter aRedneck, backwoods, toothless, banjo pickin inbred. Id say you are one of those no good for nothing anti huntersor you are seriously thinking about becoming one. Its people like you that ruin the sport of hunting.

Well I`m glad someone else agrees with me on this. I`m a redneck. Live in the suburbs,have all my teeth, don`t play a banjo and there is no inbreeding in my family.I also have a full time job, does thatshock youRED? Ihave shown my deer in public , but the little town of canastota,NY accepts it(must be b/c they are also all rednecks). I guess having my first deer mount hanging above the fire place in front of my picture window is a bad thing also. I`m proud of my roots, pround of tradition and DAM PROUD TO BE A REDNECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Spike

Gee, I guess I'll have to buy another vehicle to transport what I shoot with so as to not offend any idiots who can't deal with the fact that I shot some deer.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think in Maryland they passed a law that you must cover any animal carried in public view..........doesnt really affect me much Ive always had a truck and I always shut the tailgate, I always have treestands and other stuff up next to the cab so the deer go close to the tailgate, I just dont want them to fall out.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I hunt inmy Land Cruiser.....Its ontarped on theroof and on more
than one occasion there has been one the hood as well......
Lack of space gives me no other option.....
In my Truck, poly is sread over the bed of the truck and the animal laid ontop......Tail Gate up....Thats about the extent of it.......
I try not to parade it around town ,but,I have been known to make stops
at the closet Pub ,Cold Beer and Wine Store, Friends and Relatives.....
Bt I never take the longest route around......Honest
Oh Hell I'm Guilty........
Old 11-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jeff Ovington

I try not to parade it around town ,but,I have been known to make stops
at the closet Pub ,Cold Beer and Wine Store, Friends and Relatives.....
it figures fricken Canadians always have to stop at the bars and beers stores on every trip out!!! You hit em on the way to and from church too dont ya Jeffy????
Old 11-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Hell Mossy.........It takes me three days to travel someplace thats
onlya three hour drive away.......
Old 11-27-2005, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Interesting topic.

I'm one that would have to agree with Red. Not so much about the "redneck" comments. I don't think parading your deer around is exclusive to "rednecks"[:-]. My view is it can only be counterproductive. Only negative can come from exposing your harvest for the whole world to see. Why take the chance of persuading the 75% of the people that are on the fence about hunting? Do you ever think about what the person in the vehicle behind you thinks of your dead bloody deer on the back of your car? Close the gate or cover the deer up you'll still be able to brag to your hunting buddies, family, and friends.

The other day I was driving back home after hunting. I pull along side a car that had a buck strapped to the trunk of his car. We stop side by side at a stop light and behind him is an SUV with a mother, father, and 3 kids in it. The mother in the passengers seat had the most disgusted look on her face you ever saw. The father was shaking his head in disgust. Maybe they were anti's, but maybe they werent'!! Why take the chance?

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.