Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 11-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

To each his own Red BUT "Don't Tread on ME" ... I don't need the "State" or the "Goverment" making any more laws in regards to hunting !!
I'm with DD on this! I think your leaning the wrong way there Red! Maybe we shouldn't wear Hunter Orange in public either???? I'm not ashamed of being a hunter! I'm proud of the deer I kill! I love driving home from camp and seeing all the deer and so does my 9 year old son! But do it tastefully!
Old 11-26-2005, 07:59 AM

I see lots of hunters with those racks that fit on the hitch. Most of these hunters use those racks because they drive SUV's or cars. This is the best mode of transportation for the people who don't have a truck. Also, it is much easier to lift a deer by yourself onto one of these racks.

If you were to "outlaw" the use of these racks it would require that these racks not be used unless the animal was covered. Covering an animal keeps the body heat from escaping and could result in a spoiled animal. I'm all for eating the kill not wasting it!

I do own a truck, but when I kill something it goes into the bed and the tailgate is shut. If you raise this type of legislation you WILL stir the anti hunters!! Please leave well enough alone.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Spike

I don't know any of y'all on a personal basis so please don't take this personelly, but, the people around here that will ride a dead deer around for all to see are usually braggarts and need to feel like a big shot. They tell and re tell the details of the kill as graphic and bloody as possible and as loud as possible in front of anyone within ear shot. This does nothing to help hunters. People make the mistake of thinking all hunters are big mouth braggarts that kill for a thrill.
As for me and the few freinds and family I hunt with, we try to be discreet about our hunting. Hunting and especilly the kill, is spiritual and a personel matter. I don't need to brag about it to folks that aren't interested or hate hunting to bea big shot. When hunters are gathered around the fire is the time to brag and tell stories not at the store or resturant. The braggarts remind me of the guy in high school that brags about what went on during a date. And it was ususally a lie any way.
Just my take on a touchy subject.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

New legislation is almost always a bad thing, whether you are talking about hunting or anything for that matter.

I grew up hunting in Arkansas. I have lived in Texas for the last 14 or so years. In Arkansas, we would have to take the deer to a check station to have it recorded. In Texas all you do is have your deer tagged until it reaches its final destination.

Most everybody I know around here skins and quarters their deer in the woods at camp, and put the quartered deer in a cooler. The tagged head must remain with the quartered deer until it reaches the house, the meat processor or the taxidermist. On the way to the house, I stop and buy 4 or so big bags of ice and put it on the meat in the cooler. I then drain off the water and blood for 2 or 3 days and take it to the meat processor because I like the way they make my sausage.

Maybe this is why I don't see many deer paraded around town. If you do see someone do it, it is usually someone is pretty immature, or are not used to killing a deer.

I make no excuses whatsoever about the fact that Iam a hunter, but if I drove through our town with a deer strapped to the hood of my Bronco I would look pretty stupid. Not to the anti hunters, but more so to the people around here who hunt. (whichare most) I would be the topic of conversation at the local barber shop, and it would be mockery not flattery. I would gain a reputation that would be very hard to live down.

It kind of reminds me of many of the football players I watch on T.V. They score a touchdown or make a tackle and then dance around like they have never done it before.

It just makes me scratch my head in wonder.

C. Davis
Old 11-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Being a redneck is being proud of your roots and a true love for your father’s name. Where family and friends are first and strangers are just a vague, dismal blur in the distance. Rednecks are good ol' boys/gals who usually live in the south (usually in the country) and also tend to have a southern accent. Their necks are red and maybe their arms, too, cause they work hard and out in the heat all day.The group that is ridiculed by most, but deep down envied by all. Some types of rednecks may be cowboys/girls, mountain men/women, country boys/gals, and or hillbillys.

Many pepole think of all Rednecks as Trailer Trash, but there are many city boys that are Trailer Trash also!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just to clarify my position, I do agree with Red on the practice being mostly disgusting, but I do not agree with legislation!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:21 AM

in alabama, the required hunter ed course tells you specifically not to do just what you described:tie the deer to the hood, roof, etc. it shouldnt be placed in open view, b/c this might offend non-hunters, and a crazy peta person might shoot you er sumthin. i think its a case of knowin what shouldnt be done aqnd its consequences. i think as long as you have the tailgate up, there shouldnt be anything wrong.
but one thingdoes get me. if seein deer in trucks gets to ppl, then what about all the deer on the side ofthe road? they never stop to move them.

amen on the redneck post rebelhog, i agree 100%. its like gretchen wilson said, a redneck might not always be someone who lives in a trailor, just someone who's content with what od has given them in life.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

I am considering taking on the daunting task (or at least planting the political seeds) of getting legistlation passed in Tennessee that would outlaw the public display of any animals taken while hunting.

You do that and all of the anit hunters will see they are turning you to there side. its people like you that are going to make hunting for others alot more aggrivating.

It just urks me too no end when I see some REDNECK, backwoods, toothless, banjo pickin inbred.

about this , you have know right to go calling other hunters any names. thats one thing i cant stand is fora hunter to call another hunter aRedneck, backwoods, toothless, banjo pickin inbred. Id say you are one of those no good for nothing anti huntersor you are seriously thinking about becoming one. Its people like you that ruin the sport of hunting.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:40 PM

If I kill a deer, doe or monster, I don't go around wiht my tailgate down. thats just me.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:04 PM

so then it would be a bad thing to post pictures of deer in public forums too I suppose.... let the anti's come up with their own ideas,this isjust more fuel for their fire!

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.