Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 12-18-2005, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

this seems to be the "energizer bunny" topic. kinda like a bad case of the red bugs, just seems to never go away!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:29 PM

Red, i'm just gonna tell you the same thing i tell anti hunters, if you dont like it then you don't have to look at it. Look the other way. Watch the video "You Do Your Thing" by Montgomery Gentry. They talk about this same issue.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Martin,
This post has been worn out. We are all at peace here about this post. Red has done his time. He has repented of his sins and most of us have forgiven him.

However; I'm wondering if this post going to get 10,000 hits. We are close.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Yep...sure enough 10,000 hits.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:09 AM

I'm concerned about what this country is coming to sometimes, if people don't like the sight of a dead animal, don't look. I'm sure those most of those same people don't cringe at the sight of a medium-well 12 oz sirloin and baked potato at thier local steakhouse. If those same people knew what those cows went through at a slaughterhouse, they'd either never eat another steak, or learn to live with it. I don't really care what anybody personally believes about killing animals or public display, as long as they don't press their feelings on me. After i kill a deer I tie it to my roof, yes, I am proud, but I drive a Jeep, so I don't have much choice. If i was driving a pickup, it would be in the back, tailgate up. I think we forget sometimes that America was built on the idea that everyone has the same unalienable rights, NOT as a country that has to make everyone happy.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:46 PM

I'm like most, when I had a Pickup I showed off my harvestto a point, but I tried to keep it clean and not have blood all over the place to gross anyone out, but no one ever said anything negative to me or anyone else that I know,but today is a different story as I no longer have a pickup but a small Chevy Tracker SUVwith no bed to carry my deer in, so I had to put a hitch on it with a mesh carrier basket to take my deer. I have thought about weather to transport the deer facing outward or inward as not to offend anyone and have been lazy in pulling the deer up on it with the belly facing outward but I live in So. Il. and it seems like everyone is a hunter around here and most have their tailgates down and if they don't, I catch myself trying to look into the bed of the truck to see what they have,but I will from now on, put the belly inward as not to offend anyone with seeing the cut in the belly as I value my hunting privilege to much to take any chances on loosing it because some DEER LOVER takes offence to the way I transportmy deer and has gone way to far in having some type of Legislation/Law put into placethat could take my deer orhunting privileges taken away. But this is just my opinion.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't hear anybody suggest a law that would take away anyones hunting rights. Did I miss something?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I tried to stay out of this argument for however many pages now. But I am so SICK of hearing this statement.
I'm concerned about what this country is coming to sometimes, if people don't like the sight of a dead animal, don't look
There must be 20 pages of this comment alone. What do you not comprehend? How is soccer mom or little Johnny suppose to "not look" at the deer that you are driving around strapped to your roof. They don't really have a choice but to notice it when you are in front of them at a red light do they? This in your face hunting attitude is really annoying.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't hear anybody suggest a law that would take away anyones hunting rights. Did I miss something?
well you'll have to read the whole post againBTW it dosen't get any better regardless of how many times you read it[&:]
Old 12-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will pass on that for sure.

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.