HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Pa buck opens Monday WHO"S PUMPED? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/122521-pa-buck-opens-monday-who-s-pumped.html)

early in 11-25-2005 03:58 PM

Pa buck opens Monday WHO"S PUMPED?

Monday,buck season opens and I get to startbow hunting again! I still haven't gotten a shot this season but I'mpumped. Anyone else going out for Pa's opener and where?

PA Bow/Flinter 11-25-2005 04:17 PM

RE: Pa buck opens Monday WHO"S PUMPED?

I'm going out!!! And just like you I'm taking my bow out. This will be the first time I've ever taken my bow out during rifle season, but I really wanna take a buck with my bow. Since I already took a doe with it this year, i figured I can challange myself and see if i can't put a buck down with it too.

*Plus the fact that I got drawn to hunt Pymatuming for a special deer hunt has promted me to do this. They have some huge bucks there, so I figured before I take my ML out there I can try to put one down with my bow. After all the work I put into bringing thebucks in close, taking a rifle out just feels like I'm cheating myself.

I'l be hunting up in 1B (Crawford County) on opening morning.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

aldo88 11-25-2005 04:30 PM

2f and I will be hunting with both of my sons. My youngest son's first year.

Hacimsaalk 11-25-2005 07:09 PM

im headed out. gamelands 69 in the NW part of the state. anyone else headed out this way?

mossy33oak 11-25-2005 07:27 PM

I live 3 miles from PA in MD and our opener is tomm. I am not really pumped though, as it brings an end to my beloved bowhunting. The deer where I hunt will be so heavily hunted that patterning them will be very hard. In fact after about 1 pm tomm all of the deer will be in the special "holes in the ground" and be unseen. :D

White-tail-deer 11-25-2005 08:22 PM

I'm pumped!! As much as I love bowhunting I still love the anticipation and excitement that the Monday after Thanksgiving brings!!

Good luck toall!!!

BarnesX.308 11-25-2005 09:31 PM

Pumped? Yep. A little less now that I see it's going to be warm and rainy. However, my dad just called from camp and said there were two 8-pointers in the back yard up there when he got up.

aldo88 11-25-2005 09:33 PM

sorry I meant 4f.........not 2f. Stupid numbers and letters........lol

mauser06 11-25-2005 10:39 PM

pumped as can be.......just got that feeling.....that GOOD feeling...had it for about a week now...hope something goods instore for me! good luck guys! be safe out there...oh ya..ill be somewhere on the west side...either around home or back at school...dont know yet! lol...and if its nice im carrying the flintlock!!!

Hacimsaalk 11-26-2005 11:24 AM

41hrs 37min30 sectill shooting time here.