HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   You Might Be a Redneck IF ... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/122350-you-might-redneck-if.html)

DoctorDeath 11-23-2005 07:15 PM

You Might Be a Redneck IF ...

You might be a redneck if every evening during deer hunting season about an hour before dark you bring out your 22 rifle and start shooting in the back yard just when the deer are starting to move!

You might be a redneck if about an hour after daylight you crank up your 1971 Impala that has no muffler and play like your Richard Petty by drag racing up Butter and Egg road and everyone in the valley can hear you ANDjusttttt as the deer are starting to move ....

You might be a redneck if EVERY evening about an hour before dark during hunting season...jussssst when the deer are startng to move you let your 6 boys (all under 9 years old) come out in the yard and hoop and holler along with your 5 dogs ...

Does this sound familer ...seems all these rednecks live in the areas I hunt ???

dd

JimboHunter1 11-23-2005 07:33 PM

RE: You Might Be a Redneck IF ...

Sounds to me like you need to move out of Alabama! ;)

jimmy the foot 11-23-2005 08:46 PM

redneckitis is the number one disease that is spreading throughout the united states. there is no sanctuary or safe zone doctor you, me, all of us are DOOOOMED. HA HA

one on one 11-24-2005 12:34 PM

glad i don't have those problems, just some of the farmers who feeds their cows in the morning and late in the evenings, do they qualify as rednecks

jrbsr 11-24-2005 01:34 PM

This person isn't a redneck this person is a jerk.

Please don't give rednecks a bad image by calling this person a redneck.

A real redneck would be in the woods hunting and not what
this person is doing.

JMHO

moosehunter21 11-24-2005 02:10 PM

this person is doing.
Hit the nail on the head!

fl.huntress 11-24-2005 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

this person is doing.

JMHO
I agree whole heartily. I'm a redneck (at least most say so) and i'd never do any of the things mentioned above.

mossy33oak 11-24-2005 06:55 PM

DD, kinda got the same problem you do, the adjacent property from where I hunt was sold this past year and a guy put a trailer on it for his family to live. They have 3 boys and they are all straight up white trash. They get their 4 wheelers out and zoom up and down the woodsline, they have a small herd of cattle that sometimes gets out and wanders all over the place etc. I just cant imagine someone would buy such a nice piece of property and trash it all up with trailers, 4 wheelers, free roaming cattle and no regard for it being Nov and an hour before dark. I guess some people just really dont care about having nice things. I do realize however that this is his property and he can do with it what he wants, but I just wished someone with a little more class could have bulit a nice home there.

DaveH 11-25-2005 01:36 AM

I stopped hunting at two places where I've taken some very nice bucks in the past because of this kind of behavior. Some neighbors don't want any hunters on the neighbor's property, so they intentionally mess up your hunting my banging trash can lids together every 5 minutes, screaming and hollering, shooting a round or two every few minutes, starting a chainsaw and dirt bike and thenrevving them over and over and over . . .

I gave up on those areas and hunt where it's usually more peaceful.

Little Yellowjacket 11-25-2005 08:25 AM

I agree with jrbsr, moose, and fl.huntress. I am the sameway, I would never do anything like that.