Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any of you use climbers?

Old 11-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any of you use climbers?

I was just wondering if any of you guys use climbing stands and if so what kind?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Spike

Default RE: Any of you use climbers?

i use them i have 2 one is a steel hunters view that is very stable but a bit heavy so i usually leave it near the tree i am using it in and the other one is an ameristep aluminum that weighs 17 pounds but i have foudn it is to bulky to pack around still hunting. they are really nice when you want to hunt a spot without hanging a portable. i have shot deer with bow and rifle out of the and really like them for both seasons. I saw a climber at a store that weighs around 12 pounds and isnt as bulky that i hope to get to carry when i still hunt. that way when i come to a good spot i can climb a tree and sit awhile
Old 11-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes i us a summit viper x4. summit makes a great stand and once or if i wear out the x4 i'll probably buy another summit.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use an older model Treelounge. It's a little heavy, but very comfortable, and safe! I don't use it as much now as I used to, but I've killed deer from climbers, that I probably would have never seen from ground blinds, and fixed stands.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:17 PM

Lone Wolf hand climber combo. Use it for both bow and gun. Keep it with me all season long....you never know when.....
Old 11-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own 2 climbers (API Magnum and Summit Viper) I love my climbers especially when sitting all day. They are comfortable and most have side supports to rest your arms. I hunt 90% of the time from a climber but do use a hangon stand to get into certain places where I have no limbless trees.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

I'm thinking about getting the lone wolf climber. it's very light and looks like it's plastic. anyway right now I'm using the sneaky sac, very similar to the tree saddle. thinking of getting tree climber spikes for my boots so i don't have to lug around 20+ tree spikes. they get heavy after a while. good luck shopping and let use know what you decide to get and how it's working.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 PM

API Grand Slam Extreme, and my most favorite....Summit Viper X5
Old 11-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lone Wolf (sit and climb) I'll use no other! It's cast aluminum not plastic. Awesome stand but not the most comfortable.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:39 PM

I've used an Ol' Man and a Summit (viper I think). The ol' man is very 'basic" but works excellent. The Summit is extremely well made and comfortable. Look in the Hunting Gear Reviews forum and you'll see a lot of stuff on climbers.

Quick Reply: Any of you use climbers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.