Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 O.K. BRO'S WHATS YOUR GAME PLAN >

O.K. BRO'S WHATS YOUR GAME PLAN

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

O.K. BRO'S WHATS YOUR GAME PLAN

Old 11-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default O.K. BRO'S WHATS YOUR GAME PLAN

go to terraserver-usa.com and type in hemlock, new york. select hemlock lake parkaerial photo. see the round ring, enlarge until you see the north shore of the lake and the tip of the ring (track). this is the hunting grounds. fields south of track are clove, small field west of track with ponds has oaks all around it. swamp is light coloration in the middle. beds could be anywhere. tomorrow winds will be coming out of the WNW at 10 mph. will be around 23 degrees but will feel like mid teens. SO MEN WHAT WOULD YOU DO. i willrandomly chose agame plan todo and write back that evening to let you know how it went. lets see who's got the skills out there in the forum. this should be fun
Old 11-22-2005, 10:04 PM

Default RE: O.K. BRO'S WHATS YOUR GAME PLAN

Here's what I came up with:

The blue lines are the wind (WNW at 10 MPH) so this automatically rules out any stand positions (orange) that would have the wind at your back. Obviously, the yellow-line seems to be a natural corridor of some sort so that might be something to think of. Now, I am not fimiliar with the land or terra-server so I'm guessing the dark blob at the right is a swamp or lake and obviously there is a creek in the top left. Use the wind and river/creek to your advantage as an natural blockade. Assuming there are soem deer signs/trails near the 2 white circled stand set-ups, I'd use one of the two. Both are on the edge of fields and you can probably get some deer coming out into the fields at sun up or sun down.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

awesome man. the only one to write back after 52 people looked at the post. those are nice spots and I've hunted the before. were you drew the blue lines is what i call Cohn's thumb ( named after a buddy). every year the go there and do scrapes. thats were i got my 9 pointer opening day of shotgun this year. I'm gonna check on the stand sit farthest east. been there only a couple of time and seen little sign but some, might be wise to check it out. I'll move into the western spot if the eastern shows little promise. well I'll write back later this week to you to tell ya how it went. thanks for the advice and good hunting this year to ya.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:48 AM

Good luck and hopefully I will have been able to help you harvest a deer. I'll talk back to you guys Monday after I get back from the UP!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:42 AM

Jimmy....you never did post the results???
Old 12-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be careful about posting pictures of your hunting area online. That is unless you like sharing your hunting area!