HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Idiot's In the Woods! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/122112-idiots-woods.html)

UKFAN 11-21-2005 10:41 PM

Idiot's In the Woods!

[align=left]Well my gun seson went pretty good, two does and a nice 8 pt. Only one problem this year. I hunt on a buddy's property which is posted,(120 acres). I took my Daughter hunting last night for the first time, she's only 8 still a little young for a gun. Just wanted to take her out and show her the ropes and man was she excited to see deer in the woods.I think she will be ready next year! Anyway had a guy come through the field on a 4 wheeler carrying a gun and a bottle of Budlight drunk as a skunk. I chased him down and let him have it up one side and down the other . I kinda felt bad that my daughter had to see that. I told her that idiots like had no business in the woods, much else anywhere else! That moron could have shot my little girl. And I would have never forgave myself if that had happen. Don't get me wrong I'm all for a cold one every now and then just not while deer hunting or carrying a gun. All and all she had a good time and learned a lot, I think she'll be good to go next year. (right by my side). Sorry so long just had to Vent a little. Take fare fella's[/align][blockquote][align=left]
[hr]
[/align][/blockquote]

moosehunter21 11-21-2005 10:46 PM

RE: Idiot's In the Woods!

That guy should have his hunting privlages revoked for life! People like that dont deserve to be in the woods.

monster10rackstack 11-21-2005 10:51 PM

Don't feel bad. That guy needed a speech. Idiots like that, make people think most hunters are like that. If you have much more problems with this guy doing this I would thik about talking to a CO. This is way over the line and is a danger to everyone

Stack

zekeskar 11-21-2005 11:17 PM

Like Stack said, he needed to be torn a new one - good for you. Some times I think it's good for the kids to experience stupidity first hand - it makes an impresion fo' sho'. I think you did exactly the right thing.

kim398pl 11-22-2005 07:14 AM

Yes there are idiots out there. This past weekend a new guy finally came to hunt. OH my God, first he came with no orange on. None. dad had to give him an orange vest, he said he was not aware of having to have it...Did he not take the hunters safety course, he is my age, I had to take it.

Then he drove his 4-wheeler to that stand,that wold not be a problem, except he had to drive RIGHT PASS ME.

Then the next morning he was hunting my stand (um he does not have his own stand either) and he shot a deer, was out forever looking for it, dad and the other guy had to find him. When they found him and asked about the deer, his reply, well I can't find it and I am thinking it was not a deer after all, just a shadow or something in the brush..OMG. I take my kids out there and this guy is shooting at something he has no idea what it is. Me and my husband has decided we do not want to be anywhere around him when he hunts, not even at the camp, so we will not go when he is there.

As a paid member and daughter of the club, we went out there that same evening and we had the kids. He was whining cause Dad was tkaing dad's stand, I in mine, My husband to his with the kids and the other guy in his. I cam eout and said look, there should be nothing out of you, you donot have a stand here and you can't expect us to give up our stands for you. YOu want to hunt, get your own stand. Then I said, my kids will be out with my husband. I was walking the land yesterday (which I was, but not in this area), across the raod, up the hill there are alot of tracks, why doin't you hunt up there this evening. He was lke there is no stand, I said not my problem yours, hunt the ground, we all have done it. So he started to walk in the direction, I yelled at him not to forget his orange vest and to make sure there is a real deer in the scope before shooting.

After he left joey the other guy ont he club looked at dad and said she is a fiesty one, they laughed and dad said she is just like me, she speaks her mind, then dad looked at me and said,Kim, I already talked to him. I said oh well, he should be a man and quit whining and take a *&$&^#$ saftey course, after that I walked to my stand mad.

Rebel Hog 11-22-2005 08:49 AM

Yeah! Everywhere you go, you will always find pepole like that!

jimmy the foot 11-22-2005 09:08 AM

you should have taken his tag number and reported him to the authorities. you know he's just going to do it again. get ride of these morons, they're hurting the sport and there dangerous to all.