Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Unbelievable 7 point shot Saturday Night, Help w/ pics? >

Unbelievable 7 point shot Saturday Night, Help w/ pics?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Unbelievable 7 point shot Saturday Night, Help w/ pics?

Old 11-21-2005, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Unbelievable 7 point shot Saturday Night, Help w/ pics?

I shot a beautiful 7 point full of mass. There is a great story to go along with it but I cannot post the picture. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it then add the story later!
Thanks, -- Buckhunter14
Old 11-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Unbelievable 7 point shot Saturday Night, Help w/ pics?

buck send me the pic and ill try and post it for you [email protected] ...CONGRATS on your buck !

dd
Old 11-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was hoping you would respond Doctor Death, I have looked up to you on the forums for a while. The deer I shot reminds me of the deer you have posted. I will send you the pic, it is only my second buck ever! Thanks again!
Old 11-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well thank you Buck and it will be my pleasure ...and if I cant figure out how to do it I have several friends on the forum that cant get it up ...the picture that is ;&gt)

dd
Old 11-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heres your buck ...man it looks like my bucks off spring ...GREAT job !!

dd

Old 11-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another pic of YOUR deer !

dd

Old 11-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, I was bummed about my dad being able to go to our Cabin in Escanaba,MI for opening day and me being stuck home due to school. I figured I would make the best out of it and hunt my bow hunting spot with my shotgun. I sat since November 15 and hadn't seen any deer. I switched my routine and decided to hunt a different location where I see many does. Hoping one would be in heat, 7 does came through without anything trailing. The does got about 50 yards downwind of me and I heard a deer grunting and crashing through the swamp. He finally stepped into the clearing but I couldn't move because the does had their eyes on me. The buck got cautious and Slowed his pace down. A doe snorted and the buck stopped on a dime. I quick turned and got a good standing shot and let one more off before he ran back to the swamp. I knew the first shot was good but the following wasn't. I found blood and relized I gut shot him.
I decided not to push him and let him lay for the night. Didn't eat or sleep. Got up at 8 Sunday morning and began searching. We finally found him at 11. The excitement then grew! I finally got the oppurtunity I had been waiting for. The countless days without seeing a deer payed off! I know I didn't make the best shot. But I didn't give up.
My deer is the one on the left and my dad's is on the right he got opening day at our cabin. What a year!
Sorry for the length of the story, I would like to thank Doctor Death for helping me with the pics. Thanks again!

One last thing, I am 15 years old and don't understand how to score deer. Could any give me and estimate on either or both deer! Thanks so much! --- Buckhunter
Old 11-21-2005, 05:01 PM

Great MI buck,Congrats.I bet the ole man was a little jealous.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

You know what Buck I ain't got know idea as to how to score one either so I don't really worry about the score ..you have a geniune trophy ...he's yours weather he scores 100 or 190 ... I know your proud of him and rightly so ... I mean after all ..he does look his daddy ;&gt)

dd

Old 11-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats! That's a very good buck, and should score great for a 7 pt. He'll probably beat out plenty of 8's and some 10's too!

Quick Reply: Unbelievable 7 point shot Saturday Night, Help w/ pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.