Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ran into an ethical dilemma today. Did I do the right thing? >

Ran into an ethical dilemma today. Did I do the right thing?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ran into an ethical dilemma today. Did I do the right thing?

Old 11-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ran into an ethical dilemma today. Did I do the right thing?

I wouldn't say that you really did the right, or wrong thing, because I don't really think that there was a real question of ethics!
Well, the only ethics question might be the legality of picking up a dead deer. Here in Texas it is illegal totake a deer, even if it was your car that hit it, unless you get a permit from the state.
As far as the deer belonging to another hunter, or being spoiled, I'd think that it was a poached, or lost deer, and would have spoiled. Itshould have been fairly easy to tell if it was good or not! Bottom line for me, I'd have taken it, before letting it spoil!